/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Marathon - Ex Pluribus
Posted By: PerseusSpartacusDate: 4/18/12 5:05 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Marathon - Ex Pluribus (listener)

: -The thing that made the shotgun the most satisfying is that you just could
: mow down enemies, if you had ammo.

And you still can. The point of a pump-action shotgun is to speed up the rate at which you fire. Now, I may choose to include dual-wielding Shotguns, but it really depends.

: -The hulks were removed because the were ammo sinks, why bring them back?

Because I hate the F'lickta. Also, they won't be as much of an ammo sink now, especially since you have the Brown Hulk, which can outrun you at any time, anywhere. Also, the Hulks generally appear in places where you really have to focus on the other enemies too, or else you'll be cream of cyborg.

: Need a beta tester?

Actually, I've barely even started building the whole thing. It's mainly in the concept phase, and it really all depends on whether or not I can get something on Simplici7y. Currently, I'm starting to build the maps, and in a couple of months I'll start working on the physics, shapes and sounds files.

By the way, I forgot to mention that I'll be bringing back the old music that we enjoyed listening to in M1, but in a better way; now, the music changes from room to room, making it fit the moment better. It may even be possible to have the music change after the player presses a switch.

Cheers,
PerseusSpartacus

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon - Ex PluribusPerseusSpartacus 4/18/12 1:30 p.m.
     ***SPURIOUS INTERRUPT DETECTED***PerseusSpartacus 4/18/12 1:43 p.m.
           Re: ***SPURIOUS INTERRUPT DETECTED***listener 4/18/12 1:49 p.m.
                 Re: ***SPURIOUS INTERRUPT DETECTED***PerseusSpartacus 4/18/12 2:12 p.m.
                       Re: ***SPURIOUS INTERRUPT DETECTED***listener 4/18/12 2:37 p.m.
                             Re: ***SPURIOUS INTERRUPT DETECTED***PerseusSpartacus 4/18/12 2:42 p.m.
                                   Re: ***SPURIOUS INTERRUPT DETECTED***listener 4/18/12 2:52 p.m.
                                   Marathon - Ex PluribusPerseusSpartacus 4/18/12 3:55 p.m.
                                         Re: Marathon - Ex Pluribuslistener 4/18/12 4:02 p.m.
                                               Re: Marathon - Ex PluribusPerseusSpartacus 4/18/12 5:05 p.m.
                                                     Re: Marathon - Ex Pluribuslistener 4/20/12 1:50 p.m.
                                                           Re: Marathon - Ex PluribusPerseusSpartacus 4/20/12 3:07 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.