/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

The Bob Cluster Phenomena
Posted By: PerseusSpartacusDate: 4/13/12 8:38 p.m.

Seeing as I'm bored and all my previous posts have dealt with really complex theories as to how the story works (which is probably tiring you all out), I've decided to make a post on an odd thing I keep finding on the level The Rose. I call it "The Bob Cluster Phenomena."

Pictures explain better than words, but I'm afraid I don't have any at hand presently, at least not in an accessable way. Words will do, however.

If you play The Rose on Kindergarten, you can save most, if not all, of the bobs in the first area. Once you do, kill the Defense Drones. You can leave them alive if you want to, but they sort of get in the way. Now, with your Bobs alone, wait in the corner of the room for a while. Eventually you'll find that all of the bobs naturally form clusters of varying sizes. Why is this? Why do they naturally want to group together, rather than wandering around on their own?

If you want a story perspective, maybe they've stopped panicking and so they start grouping together for safety and to talk about what the heck just happened? ;)

If you want a gameplay perspective, my guess is that the Bobs are getting blocked by each-other as they're walking, at which point they tend to just sit there, staring at each-other blankly.

The odd thing is that as soon as a gunshot goes off, most of them will scatter and start running around the room like usual. Notice that I said most of them. Some of them remain in a cluster. Why? My guess is that once the Bobs are alerted by the sound of gunfire, or are wounded, they choose a random direction to start running in, but sometimes the direction that gets chosen happens to lead straight into another Bob in their cluster, at which point they remain clustered.

If anybody could provide a picture or two, along with some theories as to how this all works, that would help.

Finish the fight,

PerseusSpartacus

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

The Bob Cluster PhenomenaPerseusSpartacus 4/13/12 8:38 p.m.
     Re: The Bob Cluster Phenomena *LINK*PerseusSpartacus 4/13/12 9:35 p.m.
           Re: The Bob Cluster PhenomenaGodot 4/13/12 10:49 p.m.
                 Re: The Bob Cluster PhenomenaPerseusSpartacus 4/14/12 11:23 a.m.
                 Re: The Bob Cluster PhenomenaQuantum 4/14/12 2:31 p.m.
                       Re: The Bob Cluster PhenomenaPerseusSpartacus 4/14/12 3:26 p.m.
                             Re: The Bob Cluster Phenomenatreellama 4/15/12 6:49 a.m.
                       Re: The Bob Cluster Phenomenatreellama 4/15/12 6:47 a.m.
                             Re: The Bob Cluster PhenomenaPerseusSpartacus 4/15/12 10:59 a.m.
                                   Re: The Bob Cluster Phenomenatreellama 4/15/12 1:17 p.m.
                                         Re: The Bob Cluster PhenomenaPerseusSpartacus 4/15/12 3:45 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.