/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Durandal & Tycho's Knowledge of Leela & the Vy
Posted By: chiasaur11Date: 4/12/12 11:01 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Durandal & Tycho's Knowledge of Leela & the Vy (PerseusSpartacus)

: First off, thanks for pointing out the M2 Final Screen text ("never seen
: by the Pfhor again"). However, what if they (the Pfhor) put some sort
: of tracking device in/on Leela's scrap? Then they would never see it
: again, because they don't care to go galavanting off to some alien
: homeworld just to get a bit of scrap metal, but Tycho would still have
: info that Leela was on the Vylae homeworld, which he wouldn't want
: Durandal to know.

: Second, I'm afraid we don't really have a timeline for when Leela was
: captured or anything. So, for all we know, by the time of Requiem For a
: Cyborg , Leela could still be in Pfhor hands. Still, what if the Vylae had
: already captured Leela by the time of RFaC?

: Finally, I like the idea of Durandal tricking us into thinking that Leela was
: on Lh'owon and that activating Thoth would help her. Still, seems a little
: more like a tactic Tycho might use, a little like his "trick with
: the authorization stamps." ;)

Yeah. Durandal, at least from my angle, seems to have some level of affection for the player character. I mean, he fakes his death, but he also tips his hand to the player fairly soon, if you know where to look, even giving genuine helpful advice.

Or look at how he handles Blake. Uses and then ditches. The player? He says he'll never let go.

He informs the Security Officer about the colony when thinking it was still alive would be more likely to help morale. It seems, in a perverse way, that he thinks of you as his best friend and only confidant. Watson to his Holmes, the comparatively dim ex-military man who needs everything explained, but is just smart enough to go "I say! That's jolly clever!" instead of "Wait. What?"

He even apologizes when he screws the player over, when Blake's talk seems to say Durandal doesn't give a rat's ass when Bobs die.

Which is part of why I like Durandal so much. He's a monster, but he has style, and just enough of an odd little conscience to keep his motives in question.

I mean, he's always looking out for #1, but sometimes that seems to include a friendly listing for #s 3-7.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Durandal & Tycho's Knowledge of Leela & the VylaePerseusSpartacus 4/11/12 6:56 p.m.
     Re: Durandal & Tycho's Knowledge of Leela & the VyGodot 4/11/12 11:49 p.m.
           Re: Durandal & Tycho's Knowledge of Leela & the VyPerseusSpartacus 4/12/12 12:45 p.m.
     Re: Durandal & Tycho's Knowledge of Leela & the VyHopper 4/12/12 10:25 a.m.
           Re: Durandal & Tycho's Knowledge of Leela & the VyPerseusSpartacus 4/12/12 1:04 p.m.
                 Re: Durandal & Tycho's Knowledge of Leela & the Vychiasaur11 4/12/12 11:01 p.m.
                       Re: Durandal & Tycho's Knowledge of Leela & the VyQuantum 4/13/12 1:19 p.m.
                             Re: Durandal & Tycho's Knowledge of Leela & the VyHopper 4/13/12 2:44 p.m.
                                   Re: Durandal & Tycho's Knowledge of Leela & the VyPerseusSpartacus 4/13/12 4:36 p.m.
                                         Re: Durandal & Tycho's Knowledge of Leela & the Vyukimalefu 4/13/12 10:27 p.m.
                                               Re: Durandal & Tycho's Knowledge of Leela & the Vychiasaur11 4/13/12 11:10 p.m.
                                         Re: Durandal & Tycho's Knowledge of Leela & the VyGodot 4/14/12 2:34 a.m.
                                               Re: Durandal & Tycho's Knowledge of Leela & the VyPerseusSpartacus 4/14/12 11:55 a.m.
                                   Re: Durandal & Tycho's Knowledge of Leela & the VyGodot 4/14/12 2:07 a.m.
                                         Re: Durandal & Tycho's Knowledge of Leela & the VyPerseusSpartacus 4/14/12 11:48 a.m.
           Re: Durandal & Tycho's Knowledge of Leela & the VyGodot 4/13/12 11:32 p.m.
                 Re: Durandal & Tycho's Knowledge of Leela & the VyPerseusSpartacus 4/14/12 11:41 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.