/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Ghost in the Shell influences on Marathon?
Posted By: XaleManixDate: 3/27/12 4:49 p.m.

I know there are quite a few in Oni (I expect at least 7even people to claim Konoko isn't Major Kusanagi), but does anyone know if Shirow Masamune's venerated cyberpunk series had any influence on the Marathon games?

The security officer's description of being superior to other colonists reminds me of a line from Stand Alone Complex, but I might be remembering both with a bit of a miss.

Just a thought. I have quite a few "what if" plots, or ideas for silly, non-cannon modifications to games like marathon, and Ghost in the Shell's weapons have always captured my fascination. This is sort of a by-product of that, I guess.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Ghost in the Shell influences on Marathon?XaleManix 3/27/12 4:49 p.m.
     Re: Ghost in the Shell influences on Marathon?Alric 3/27/12 6:21 p.m.
     Re: Ghost in the Shell influences on Marathon?Jabberwok 3/27/12 9:02 p.m.
           Re: Ghost in the Shell influences on Marathon?Jabberwok 3/27/12 9:04 p.m.
                 Re: Ghost in the Shell influences on Marathon?XaleManix 3/27/12 9:46 p.m.
                       Re: Ghost in the Shell influences on Marathon?Jabberwok 3/28/12 6:45 a.m.
                             Re: Ghost in the Shell influences on Marathon?XaleManix 3/28/12 7:30 a.m.
                                   Re: Ghost in the Shell influences on Marathon?Jabberwok 3/29/12 6:24 a.m.
                       Re: Ghost in the Shell influences on Marathon?Godot 3/29/12 10:47 a.m.
           Re: Ghost in the Shell influences on Marathon?Godot 3/27/12 11:11 p.m.
                 Re: Ghost in the Shell influences on Marathon?Alric 3/28/12 5:32 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.