/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: marathon.bungie.org
Posted By: TychoDate: 3/26/12 8:28 p.m.

In Response To: Re: marathon.bungie.org (RyokoTK)

: I would be interested to see this reworded in a way that doesn't imply that
: your game deserves special treatment from, say, mine or Forrest's.

Sure! Firstly, it's not "my game". It happens to be a total conversion mod for someone else's game, as I'm sure you know, and it most certainly is the culmination of work from dozens of people, not merely mine. Further to that, it would be presumptuous of me to campaign on behalf of other people's content creation, so I wouldn't consider to comment on placement of your or someone else's scenario, game or other content.

Secondly, I was pretty careful to both preface my comment that it's a personal (and therefore biased) observation, as well as to be rather mild in my expression of disappointment so as to not leave the impression that just because I might not love the way it's placed, someone would have to run out and change it.

Thirdly, just because I'd like to see M:R placed more prominently and described more accurately, does not mean a comment of disdain towards any other contribution. I've always been most appreciative of all effort and contributions by the community to the community and I've done that for a lot longer than most anyone still reading these places. Forrest's long term contribution to Marathon's Story and subsequently with his forum participation and full out scenario, and your continued high quality contributions with maps and input are just some of the great many pieces of content that have come out of this place. I hope you all continue.

Finally, M:R is not a scenario, that part's just factually inaccurate and in the very least misleading to someone checking out the links section. The purpose and accomplishment of that project goes beyond both in scope and in genre (as an extension to the Marathon engine) and if it is to be presented to the public it is my responsibility to do so in the best possible way to protect the interest and hard work that those volunteers that contributed over three quarters of a decade to complete it deserve.

Presumably the preceding rewording suffices.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

marathon.bungie.orgtreellama 3/25/12 6:37 p.m.
     Re: marathon.bungie.orgGodot 3/25/12 11:29 p.m.
           Me likey *NM*Bob-B-Q 3/26/12 7:39 a.m.
                 It's like a whole new website! *NM*ukimalefu 3/26/12 8:18 a.m.
                       Whew!Evil Otto 3/28/12 4:11 p.m.
                             Re: Whew!ukimalefu 3/29/12 1:14 a.m.
                                   Re: Whew!MrM12LRV 3/29/12 9:34 a.m.
                                   Re: Whew!Evil Otto 3/30/12 11:29 a.m.
                                         Re: Whew!ukimalefu 3/30/12 12:18 p.m.
                                               Re: Whew!Evil Otto 3/30/12 1:23 p.m.
                                                     Re: Whew!ukimalefu 3/31/12 2:25 a.m.
     Re: marathon.bungie.orgTycho 3/26/12 4:23 p.m.
           Re: marathon.bungie.orgRyokoTK 3/26/12 4:58 p.m.
                 Re: marathon.bungie.orgTycho 3/26/12 8:28 p.m.
                       Re: marathon.bungie.orgForrest of B.org 3/26/12 9:17 p.m.
                             Re: marathon.bungie.orgJohannes Gunnar 3/26/12 10:27 p.m.
                             Re: marathon.bungie.orgRyokoTK 3/27/12 4:43 a.m.
                                   Re: marathon.bungie.orgRyokoTK 3/27/12 4:45 a.m.
           Re: marathon.bungie.orgDiogenes 3/27/12 5:47 p.m.
                 Re: marathon.bungie.orgtreellama 3/28/12 3:42 a.m.
           Re: marathon.bungie.orgtreellama 3/28/12 3:49 a.m.
     Love it! any plans for RSS? *NM*Johannes Gunnar 3/26/12 10:29 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.