/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Candace Sherriff (Shebob) R.I.P.
Posted By: GodotDate: 3/11/12 8:53 a.m.

Some sad news.

Last week I innocently asked:

I wonder what happened to Candace Sherriff (Shebob)? There weren't that many active female members in the Marathon community back in the day. I hope she is well.

Dr. John Sumner made some enqueries and came across an obituary in The Vancouver Sun. We both feel that this is Candace Sherriff, better know to Marathoner's as Shebob. She passed away on April 13, 2011 after a lengthy battle with cancer. Part of her obituary reads:

She was also a great reader, science fiction enthusiast, and an excellent cook. She had a great passion for computers and combined her creative talent with her high-tech skills to create worlds in cyberspace in the development of video games. She also was part of an online network of game creators, which brought her in touch with developers in other parts of the world.

I would like to think that a little piece of her survives in her scenario Pfh'Joueur. She wrote back in 2001:

Pfh'Joueur's plot is very much in the Bungie world, taking place at the end of Marathon 2: Durandal. In Pfh'Joueur, our weary player is once again travelling with Durandal to strange and wonderful worlds. In this time line, the Lh'owon sun does explode and blows Durandal's ship into a white hole. After 700 years falling through time and space, you awake on an abandoned space ship with yourself, some bobs and S'pht for company.

Perhaps she is finally traveling with Durandal to strange and wonderful worlds.

She will be sadly missed.

Cheers
Hamish

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Candace Sherriff (Shebob) R.I.P.Godot 3/11/12 8:53 a.m.
     Re: Candace Sherriff (Shebob) R.I.P.Claude Errera 3/11/12 12:38 p.m.
     Re: Candace Sherriff (Shebob) R.I.P.Hopper 3/11/12 3:32 p.m.
     :( *NM*Bob-B-Q 3/12/12 6:08 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.