/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

total score, play philosophies
Posted By: EarthtopusDate: 2/6/12 4:27 p.m.

In Response To: Time and Points (MrM12LRV)

: How much does time contribute to your score?

: If one is going for a max score, can't you use the time reset and still get
: max points for time?

: How much does time contribute to your score?

: If one is going for a max score, can't you use the time reset and still get
: max points for time?

+1 point per _ten hours_ remaining (I haven't done enough investigating to know those cutoff points)--something I should really think about more when I'm stressing over seconds of gameplay. Still, by the rules I have set for myself ctrl-reset would be cheating.

The very notion of max score is somewhat pointless, too, given the carnage bonus for piling up bodies (+1 per 250 bodies) and the random nature of levels like the Labyrinth. Max score is technically unbounded given the use of the reset cheat, as long as you can play forever, resetting time periodically, and harvesting thousands upon thousands of Spheres. You wouldn't even need 100% accuracy or to worry about taking hits or even worry about beating the game if you had all the time in the world to kill 40,000 spheres for a +160 Carnage Bonus. (after all, the survival bonus is only +5).

So I guess my playthrough philosophy on the run I've started blathering about is "max points from in-game items and treasure and time bonus without cheating" (explaining the need to eat the Easter Egg and get a second Alien Gemstone) while also avoiding resting for as long as possible (haven't yet!) and sacrificing the Carnage Bonus/full exploration of levels in favor of speedy play. I think an 87-89 score is in play, assuming I'll keep my accuracy above 80%, get my kills above a thousand (or even 1250), and have done the calculations right on getting a +12 time bonus.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

+green Crystal! (quick summary at bottom) *LINK*Earthtopus 2/6/12 10:14 a.m.
     Re: +green Crystal! (quick summary at bottom)MrM12LRV 2/6/12 11:19 a.m.
           Re: +green Crystal! (quick summary at bottom)Earthtopus 2/6/12 11:30 a.m.
                 Re: +green Crystal! (quick summary at bottom)MrM12LRV 2/6/12 3:30 p.m.
                       Re: grenade loadingEarthtopus 2/6/12 4:16 p.m.
                 Time and PointsMrM12LRV 2/6/12 3:48 p.m.
                       total score, play philosophiesEarthtopus 2/6/12 4:27 p.m.
     Re: +green Crystal! (quick summary at bottom)Godot 2/6/12 2:20 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.