/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Let's Force Hamish to Play Marathon!
Posted By: GodotDate: 12/4/11 5:08 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Let's Force Hamish to Play Marathon! (poenadare)

: Oh hell yes that's a good idea.

: Hamish's guest commentator would have to be himself from another timeline, of
: course. However, the parallel universe Hamishes unusually cost less and
: are just as reliable as long as you don't get one that's too far from the
: home tree, if you know what I mean. (e.g. gills)

: Yeah I'd watch that all right.

Well it would probably go something like this.

After a five minute preamble on how to set up your preferences so that the game is as close as possible to the original Marathon look and feel we begin.

Player turns around and tabs the door behind. Listen to that sound. Yes, it's a locked door sound. That sound is in the original game but not M1A1. For some reason many of the locked door sounds were not implemented in M1A1. In the modified version of M1A1 they are.

Head for the terminal. Ambush! *BLAM* *BLAM* first Pfhor fighter bites the dust (yes folks I'm playing on Normal). More Pfhor fighters... *BLAM* *BLAM*... *BLAM* *BLAM*... *BLAM* *BLAM*... reload... *BLAM* *BLAM*. Yes five Pfhor Fighters. In M1A1 there are only four at the start. Why? Well the guys who did M1A1 left out the second one in the observation deck (go figure).

But wait, I recall a Jason Jones movie of this level where only four Pfhor Fighters appear. Yes indeed, the inbuilt movie on Total Carnage shows Jason taking on only four fighters at the start. Why? Well Jason or Greg (they both had a hand in making this level) created 15 Pfhor Fighter placements on this level, but the initial count is set at 14 Pfhor Fighters, with a random count of 2, and max count of 18. This results in certain degree of randomness in monster appearance. Many of Marathon's levels are like this, most notably Couch Fishing (but more on that later). This randomness is not implemented in the current version of the game. Perhaps in the next build?

Ok lets take a look at the first terminal...

By this stage all your viewers would be... zzzzz.... ZZZZZ.... zzzzz.... ;)

Cheers
Hamish

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Let's Play Marathon?fluxcore 12/3/11 10:05 a.m.
     Re: Let's Play Marathon?Godot 12/3/11 10:54 a.m.
           Let's Force Hamish to Play Marathon!poenadare 12/3/11 3:11 p.m.
                 Re: Let's Force Hamish to Play Marathon!fluxcore 12/3/11 4:40 p.m.
                       Re: Let's Force Hamish to Play Marathon!poenadare 12/3/11 10:25 p.m.
                             Re: Let's Force Hamish to Play Marathon!Godot 12/4/11 5:08 a.m.
                                   Re: Let's Force Hamish to Play Marathon!Johannes Gunnar 12/4/11 7:30 a.m.
                                   Already I've learnt something! :D - NM *NM*fluxcore 12/4/11 8:56 a.m.
                                   Re: Let's Force Hamish to Play Marathon!poenadare 12/4/11 9:10 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.