/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Let's Force Hamish to Play Marathon!
Posted By: fluxcoreDate: 12/3/11 4:40 p.m.

In Response To: Let's Force Hamish to Play Marathon! (poenadare)

: I just KNOW there are seven million things Hamish has failed to document that
: would come out in a video... "... and if you look here you can see
: where these two textures fail to match because they are covering a hidden
: polygon that leads to a secret cubbyhole with pistol ammo and a personal
: note from Jason Jones written with chips, oh delicious chips..."

Well, maybe that is a LITTLE more than I'd expect (or like :P), it'd be good to get a let's play that at least discusses the current level's mission! And while not necessary to read out all the terminal text, at least explain what's happening in the plot at point x. The Volunteers series had so much good info discussed in it, I'm sure similar talk would go down well on a video play through. Some let's plays have guest commentators, so some back-and-forth would be possible too.

I just find the most interesting let's plays are the ones which tell the most about the game. None of the videos I've seen for Marathon (including the ones linked by Hamish) have really... covered enough, I feel. Some don't even have commentary. There are some good speedrun-style playthroughs for that kind of thing anyway. And no offence to icedham, but his videos are really low frame rate :/

So yeah, from my perspective there's certainly room for another playthrough series with some serious game/plot discussion overtop :)

Cheers,
--flux

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Let's Play Marathon?fluxcore 12/3/11 10:05 a.m.
     Re: Let's Play Marathon?Godot 12/3/11 10:54 a.m.
           Let's Force Hamish to Play Marathon!poenadare 12/3/11 3:11 p.m.
                 Re: Let's Force Hamish to Play Marathon!fluxcore 12/3/11 4:40 p.m.
                       Re: Let's Force Hamish to Play Marathon!poenadare 12/3/11 10:25 p.m.
                             Re: Let's Force Hamish to Play Marathon!Godot 12/4/11 5:08 a.m.
                                   Re: Let's Force Hamish to Play Marathon!Johannes Gunnar 12/4/11 7:30 a.m.
                                   Already I've learnt something! :D - NM *NM*fluxcore 12/4/11 8:56 a.m.
                                   Re: Let's Force Hamish to Play Marathon!poenadare 12/4/11 9:10 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.