/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Goodbye Cruel Universe
Posted By: poenadareDate: 8/5/11 5:44 a.m.

The past few months have been hoppin' around here and I've really enjoyed it.

My GF is about to finalize the purchase of the fitness center and I, a *former* PC couch potatoeoe, will be forced to be her assistant manager and social media coordinator. This is going to eat all my time in the next few months.

I've been idling since the dotcom crash (15 years!) and I'm ready to start another company. So after my GF's franchise is stable, I'm going to be addressing what I want to do. My concept is to take the derivative of the Wideload idea and take it further; write a complete game proposal including concept sketches, dialog, level sketches, psuedo-scripts - - basically everything a game needs to be a game without making the actual game - - and use that to seek funding.

I don't know if you read Gamasutra, but the big AAA game corps are buying social media game companies FASTER than they can be created. (They're also laying tons of people off, too, but that's another issue.) I'm not opposed to social media games but I think 90% is silly or stupid. Regardless, it high time to ride the wave rather then disappear into one.

Have a nice summer my friends!

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Goodbye Cruel Universepoenadare 8/5/11 5:44 a.m.
     Re: Goodbye Cruel UniverseGodot 8/5/11 6:46 a.m.
           Re: Goodbye Cruel Universepoenadare 8/5/11 6:49 a.m.
     Go for it, best of luck to ya! *NM* *NM*selbstmord 8/7/11 1:11 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.