/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: The story so far...
Posted By: GrimCleaverDate: 7/10/11 10:46 a.m.

In Response To: Re: The story so far... (Forrest of B.org)

: Could anyone (not necessarily you, TL) write a *System 7* program to capture
: the system's audio output and write it to a file? Then Hamish can just run
: that on his old Mac while playing the original music under QT 2.0, and
: send the files from there to a newer machine.

There's an easier way to do this.

All you need is a double-ended 3.5mm TRS cable. Plug one end into the audio output (headphone jack) of the computer playing the music, and plug the other end into the audio input (microphone jack) of a second computer.

Now, use an audio program (on the second computer) to record the sound coming from the "microphone". Voila! Noiseless recording of the original audio! I actually used this method to record some of the M1 music, before I found a tool to actually extract it from the original file.

Here's the result of some recordings I did years ago. I don't remember which version of QuickTime I was running though. But, at least it'll give you an idea on the recording quality of the above method:

http://download362.mediafire.com/adzvb438fz7g/2v0grnbc7plczdd/Level+2.mp3 - 1.37MB
http://download457.mediafire.com/n85h18alb5bg/da4w57u4c7vazl2/Level+3.mp3 - 1.22MB

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

The story so far...Godot 7/8/11 7:25 a.m.
     Re: The story so far...ukimalefu 7/8/11 8:38 a.m.
           Re: The story so far...Craig Hardgrove 7/8/11 10:34 a.m.
                 Re: The story so far...Godot 7/8/11 10:56 a.m.
                       Re: The story so far...ukimalefu 7/8/11 11:06 a.m.
                             Re: The story so far...Craig Hardgrove 7/8/11 11:31 a.m.
                             Re: The story so far...Godot 7/8/11 10:16 p.m.
                                   Re: The story so far...treellama 7/9/11 9:19 a.m.
                       Re: The story so far...fracai 7/8/11 4:08 p.m.
                             Re: The story so far...treellama 7/8/11 4:24 p.m.
                                   Re: The story so far...treellama 7/8/11 5:47 p.m.
                                         Re: The story so far...Forrest of B.org 7/8/11 9:34 p.m.
                                               Re: The story so far...treellama 7/10/11 6:36 a.m.
                                               Re: The story so far...GrimCleaver 7/10/11 10:46 a.m.
                                                     Re: The story so far...Forrest of B.org 7/10/11 12:34 p.m.
                                                           Re: The story so far...GrimCleaver 7/10/11 12:37 p.m.
                                                                 Re: The story so far...Godot 7/10/11 12:52 p.m.
                                   Re: The story so far...fracai 7/8/11 7:06 p.m.
                                         Re: The story so far...ukimalefu 7/9/11 5:07 a.m.
                                               Re: The story so far...Godot 7/9/11 5:55 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.