/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Marathon Remakes... I'm back!
Posted By: Craig HardgroveDate: 6/29/11 2:27 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Marathon Remakes... I'm back! (President People)

: This is interesting! The piano makes it sound like a different song, yet
: oddly familiar… :P Will you be making another version that's closer to the
: original?

Unfortunately, I probably will not be making a different version of Aliens Again. Sorry about that but hopefully the following will explain why.

I don't have a rock solid plan for how the remaining songs are going to sound, but what I strongly suspect is that at least a few will turn out to be about as far away from the originals as Aliens Again is (Freedom and What about Bob?). One of the reasons it has taken me so long to finish up the project is that I've waited until I had a good idea before undertaking a remake. Aliens Again retains the original chord progression, but that's about it. In the end I was happy with that approach because it allowed me to experiment with styles that are more within my music "comfort zone". Freedom and What about Bob? are definitely out of my preferred style as well. Fat Man has always given me trouble for a completely different reason... I actually really really like to original! In fact it may have been in my top one or two favorite Marathon songs... and yet it may turn out to be the last one I remake. I'm still trying to figure out what direction I want to take with it.

: This stuff needs an album cover. :)

I agree and I would entertain any suggestions or contributions as I am definitely no graphic artist! I may put up a solicitation for album art on the website as well.

--Craig

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon Remakes... I'm back! *LINK*Craig Hardgrove 6/29/11 9:31 a.m.
     Re: Marathon Remakes... I'm back!Godot 6/29/11 9:49 a.m.
     Re: Marathon Remakes... I'm back!President People 6/29/11 11:59 a.m.
           Re: Marathon Remakes... I'm back!Craig Hardgrove 6/29/11 2:27 p.m.
                 Re: Marathon Remakes... I'm back!Forrest of B.org 6/29/11 4:07 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon Remakes... I'm back!Craig Hardgrove 6/29/11 4:56 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon Remakes... I'm back!treellama 6/30/11 4:20 a.m.
                             Re: Marathon Remakes... I'm back!Craig Hardgrove 6/30/11 7:15 a.m.
                                   Re: Marathon Remakes... I'm back! *LINK*treellama 7/13/11 5:26 p.m.
                                         Re: Marathon Remakes... I'm back!Craig Hardgrove 7/13/11 7:55 p.m.
                                         Re: Marathon Remakes... I'm back!President People 7/13/11 9:27 p.m.
                                               Re: Marathon Remakes... I'm back!ukimalefu 7/14/11 4:42 a.m.
     Very cool! *NM*Bob-B-Q 6/29/11 6:00 p.m.
           Speak of the devil... *LINK*Bob-B-Q 6/30/11 6:55 p.m.
                 Re: Speak of the devil...Orihaus 7/1/11 1:49 a.m.
     Re: Marathon Remakes... I'm back! *LINK*scratskinner 7/1/11 9:03 p.m.
           Re: Marathon Remakes... I'm back!Craig Hardgrove 7/3/11 3:39 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.