/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Marathon 2 Preview - Part III
Posted By: Bob-B-QDate: 5/21/11 5:23 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Marathon 2 Preview - Part III (Godot)

: Great stuff. Thanks for breathing life into this long forgotten piece of
: Marathon 2 history. Time for a Marathon 2 Preview section on the Story
: page. :-)

Glad to contribute. Feel free to mirror the images and commentary on the Story Page - I don't think ImageShack will hold on to my stuff forever.

: You didn't get the 2nd message on the first terminal? Weird. I definitely got
: it back in 1995 since I added the text for it to the Story page. At least
: I hope I didn't make it up! ;-)

Loaded up my saved game and checked again - the first terminal still displays Durandal's briefing when I cross the drawbridge. The S'pht terminal's second message about the war between the S'pht'Mnr and S'pht'Lhar doesn't display either, and the terminal in which Durandal warns of Battle Group Seven's approach (GET BACK TO THE TOWER!) has been replaced by a save point.

One thing I didn't think to check is whether the other messages are displayed when the mission is half complete. I'll look into that.

: In the full game, Greg added a secret rocket launcher and flame thrower at
: the start. You had to be Todd 'Mr. Hang Time' Keating to get them though.
: I just checked the Marathon's Spoiler Guide and oddly there is no mention
: of this secret. For the life of me I can't imagine why. I thought it was
: pretty common knowledge. Obviously not.

First time I've heard of that, but I played Eat It, Vid Boi! so many times in the M2 demo that nowadays I just tend to blast through it as fast as possible. Where's this launcher?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon 2 Preview (ABANDON HOPE YE WHO 56K HERE)Bob-B-Q 5/14/11 11:21 a.m.
     Re: Marathon 2 Preview (ABANDON HOPE YE WHO 56K HEGodot 5/14/11 11:54 a.m.
           Re: Marathon 2 Preview (ABANDON HOPE YE WHO 56K HEGodot 5/14/11 12:34 p.m.
           Re: Marathon 2 Preview (ABANDON HOPE YE WHO 56K HEJabberwok 5/14/11 12:40 p.m.
     Re: Marathon 2 Preview (ABANDON HOPE YE WHO 56K HELawstiker 5/14/11 8:40 p.m.
           Marathon 2 Preview - Part IIBob-B-Q 5/17/11 5:12 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon 2 Preview - Part IIGodot 5/17/11 6:42 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon 2 Preview - Part IIPresident People 5/17/11 10:38 a.m.
                       Re: Marathon 2 Preview - Part IItreellama 5/18/11 4:21 a.m.
                             Re: Marathon 2 Preview - Part IIDavid Forell 5/18/11 11:38 a.m.
                             Re: Marathon 2 Preview - Part IIPresident People 5/18/11 12:18 p.m.
                                   Marathon 2 Preview - Part IIIBob-B-Q 5/20/11 12:55 p.m.
                                         Re: Marathon 2 Preview - Part IIILawstiker 5/20/11 8:48 p.m.
                                         Re: Marathon 2 Preview - Part IIIGodot 5/21/11 4:10 a.m.
                                               Re: Marathon 2 Preview - Part IIIBob-B-Q 5/21/11 5:23 a.m.
                                                     Re: Marathon 2 Preview - Part IIIGodot 5/21/11 6:18 a.m.
                                                     Re: Marathon 2 Preview - Part IIIGodot 5/21/11 7:22 a.m.
                                                           Re: Marathon 2 Preview - Part IIIBob-B-Q 5/21/11 8:44 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Marathon 2 Preview - Part IIIGodot 5/21/11 9:13 a.m.
                                                     Re: Marathon 2 Preview - Part III *LINK*Godot 5/24/11 9:11 a.m.
                                                           Excellent! *NM*Bob-B-Q 5/25/11 3:43 p.m.
                                               Re: Marathon 2 Preview - Part IIIDr. John Sumner 5/21/11 2:20 p.m.
                                                     Re: Marathon 2 Preview - Part IIIBob-B-Q 5/21/11 2:52 p.m.
                                                           Re: Marathon 2 Preview - Part IIIGodot 5/21/11 10:29 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Marathon 2 Preview - Part IIIDr. John Sumner 5/22/11 6:16 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Marathon 2 Preview - Part IIIGodot 5/22/11 7:56 a.m.
                                                     Re: Marathon 2 Preview - Part IIIGodot 5/21/11 11:36 p.m.
                                                           Re: Marathon 2 Preview - Part IIIGodot 5/22/11 4:39 a.m.
                                         Re: Marathon 2 Preview - Part IIIGodot 5/21/11 10:42 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.