/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Chasing the IP puzzle: Joyeuse [Moderately Long]
Posted By: CortanaVDate: 2/3/11 2:09 p.m.

>> Author's note: You will have to check out the links I'm posting in order to get where I'm coming from.

Since last year, I've been chasing an inscription on the blade of a sword.

"My name is Cortana, of the same steel and temper as Joyeuse and Durandal."

After several minutes of pondering, I realized that Joyeuse would logically be the next AI figure in a new game. So I wrote this with a plethora of replies. The problem is, a lot of those replies weren't exactly of substance and I ended up with a lot more questions and no solid conclusion.

During my research prior to posting that thread on B.net, I was feeling around in the dark around when it comes from evidence from the Marathon series, so I'm left in constant fear of getting things wrong.

>>> In essence, I'm asking for help. Perhaps someone has brought this up already? I'm not sure.

Just shy of a year after I posted my theory, Bungie had claimed the copyrights to four new things (other than Aerospace): Seven Seraphs, Dead Orbit, Osiris, and New Monarchy.

I'm digging in the dark once more, scavenging for connections, definitions, and histories, but I've found myself frustrated by the fact that each time I find a link, I read a dead end along with it.

This is all I have so far.

As I read it over, I'm still trying to link things together. As of this morning, these are all of the new thoughts so far:

Isaiah 6; six seraphim.
Isaiah 6:7: "With it he touched my mouth and said, “See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.”

Alas, it's looking like a lot of nothing to me. Yet again, I'm in the dark here when it comes to a lot of Bungie lore.

That's why I'm here; humbly asking for assistance here.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Chasing the IP puzzle: Joyeuse [Moderately Long]CortanaV 2/3/11 2:09 p.m.
     Q4Upoenadare 2/3/11 2:30 p.m.
           Re: Q4UCortanaV 2/3/11 2:36 p.m.
                 Re: Q4UForrest of B.org 2/3/11 3:56 p.m.
                       Re: Q4UCortanaV 2/3/11 4:16 p.m.
     Seven Sheriffs, Sans-serifpoenadare 2/3/11 5:53 p.m.
           Creatures of Light and Darknesspoenadare 2/3/11 6:41 p.m.
                 Re: Creatures of Light and DarknessCortanaV 2/3/11 10:16 p.m.
           Re: Seven Sheriffs, Sans-serifCortanaV 2/3/11 10:03 p.m.
                 Egyptian Angelspoenadare 2/4/11 3:34 a.m.
                       Re: Egyptian AngelsCortanaV 2/4/11 10:03 a.m.
                             OK, Wippersnapperpoenadare 2/4/11 10:38 a.m.
                                   Re: OK, WippersnapperCortanaV 2/4/11 11:46 a.m.
                                         It gets worse...poenadare 2/4/11 12:40 p.m.
                                               Re: It gets worse...CortanaV 2/5/11 10:14 a.m.
                                               Re: Book of Amber *LINK*Jabberwok 2/12/11 11:47 a.m.
                                                     It won't disappoint. *NM*poenadare 2/12/11 12:10 p.m.
                                                     Re: Book of AmberCortanaV 2/16/11 1:19 p.m.
                                                           Re: Book of AmberJabberwok 2/16/11 3:03 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.