/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Bad news.... *LINK*
Posted By: DestinyDate: 9/29/10 9:59 a.m.

In Response To: Project Dave *LINK* (Destiny)

When I began this project at the story forum Tycho told me, Don't ever worry too much about being too late...if you enjoying creating something, and actually working at doing something about your ideas, I say go for it. Better to do something than just sit around talking how great it would be if someone else did. I personally think the Marathon vs. Halo fans might be kinda funny, but for no real reason than to point out how silly it is for people to take sides. Anyway...ideas are good, working on them and more importantly finishing them is even better, and I wholeheartedly encourage you to work on your scenarios and I know from experience that it's always harder to finish than to start. Good luck. Us old timers still lurk...
I've tried my best to work on Dave and try to finish it. Sadly I've finally seen that I am streched too far and I can't find the end to Dave. If I would continue I would most likely give out either a poor story with mapping or a good story with poor mapping. I always wondered why Goran's scenarios were never finished. I'm STOPPING the work on Dave. M1 doesn't seem to have what I need to make a good begining to Dave into the Marathon universe. Without a begining to Dave I can not make a future Marathon Dave scenario. I made a Dave scenario before this (without terminal text) and it had poor mapping and an alright story. The problem whenever I use Dave as the main person in the story I feel like Dave is drifting from WHO he is, a nice person.
Even if I don't make Dave into the Marathon universe I still have ideas. Tycho said ideas are good. Some scenarios may not work out but I have ideas. This was one of the few that isn't working out. I can still use Dave as the main person in a story but I gotta make it right. The Dave demo will still be at Simplici7y.
There are still many adventures in my mind that can still work! I just gotta get more help with the projects.

This topic is no longer a use. My new projects will be at the link below.
Thanks for all the help with the project. I've learned much more now. I can now be better than before. Future projects can now be better. They can contain terminal text, pictures, and good mapping. I'll hopefuly have something new on Scimplici7y sometime soon.

The future home of the projects

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

possible scenarioDestiny 7/3/10 3:42 a.m.
     ProjectsDestiny 7/28/10 4:17 p.m.
           Re: ProjectsNicholai 7/28/10 8:39 p.m.
                 Re: ProjectsDestiny 7/30/10 2:42 p.m.
                       Re: ProjectsTycho 7/30/10 7:19 p.m.
                             A DEMO OUT OF NOWHERE!Destiny 7/31/10 3:41 p.m.
                                   Re: A DEMO OUT OF NOWHERE!Lawstiker 8/1/10 7:55 p.m.
                                         1st reviewDestiny 8/2/10 6:10 a.m.
                                               Re: 1st reviewLawstiker 8/2/10 11:29 a.m.
                                                     Re: 1st reviewDestiny 8/2/10 3:19 p.m.
                                                           Finished the Demo...Lawstiker 8/2/10 9:50 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Finished the Demo...Destiny 8/3/10 5:52 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Finished the Demo...chiasaur11 8/3/10 9:38 p.m.
                                                                             Project DaveDestiny 8/4/10 6:12 a.m.
                                                                                   Project DaveDestiny 8/7/10 5:27 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Project Davechiasaur11 8/11/10 9:43 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Project DaveDestiny 8/12/10 7:11 a.m.
                                                                                                     Project DaveDestiny 8/14/10 6:35 a.m.
                                                                                                           Project DaveDestiny 8/21/10 9:53 a.m.
                                                                                                                 50 downloads! *NM*Destiny 8/21/10 2:23 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Project DaveDestiny 8/23/10 3:06 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: Project Davetreellama 8/24/10 12:16 p.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: Project DaveDestiny 8/24/10 3:53 p.m.
                                                                                                                                         Project DaveDestiny 8/29/10 4:46 p.m.
                                                                                                                                               Re: Project Daveelliott 8/31/10 1:29 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                     Re: Project DaveDestiny 8/31/10 2:07 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                           Project DaveDestiny 8/31/10 2:57 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                 Project Dave *LINK*Destiny 9/6/10 4:33 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                       Bad news.... *LINK*Destiny 9/29/10 9:59 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                           Re: Project Daveelliott 9/3/10 3:13 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                 Re: Project DaveDestiny 9/3/10 3:28 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                       Re: Project Daveelliott 9/3/10 4:50 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                             Re: Project DaveDestiny 9/3/10 5:12 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: Project Dave *NM*elliott 9/3/10 5:43 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                         WOO!!!!Destiny 9/4/10 4:53 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                   oops, I meant to post thiselliott 9/3/10 7:00 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Finished the Demo...Lawstiker 8/5/10 8:23 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Finished the Demo...Destiny 8/5/10 11:05 a.m.
                                                                                   UpdateXana's Roadie 2/9/11 11:53 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.