/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Finished the Demo...
Posted By: DestinyDate: 8/3/10 5:52 a.m.

In Response To: Finished the Demo... (Lawstiker)

: Level 1: Arrival
: - The first level could be a bit difficult for people, and that may deter
: some people from playing, though this is your scenario, its your choice as
: to what you do.

Note: In the big room looking out into space if you try to fly out the big window you WILL FLY OUT! I gotta figure out how to fix that.

: Level 2: They may be everywhere...
: - Not to much to say about this one. Thought it was alright.

Note: This level was redone due to the fact that it had 4 terminals and wouldn't merge. There was a table with a laptop with a BoB in the room.
It was a messege from me.

: Level 3: ...but your better than them
: - In the room with the MADDS and the pfhor fighters, its possible
: to run into the room without alerting them, then take out all the
: fighters using your fist's without alerting the others.

What MADD? I don't remember placing MADD on that level. The only help you got on that level were S'pht.

: - there is an area where you can run out a window and get stuck
: in a small area with no way back into the level.

I believe your mentioning the first level cause there isn't a window you can jump out of in the 3rd level.

: Level 4: People die, memories don't
: - This was a very, very repetitive level, both in texturing and design. This
: was not a fun level to play, and I did not like it at all. I pretty much
: skipped this level after playing through most of it.
: - There was one spot where the ceiling was untextured.

I gotta fix that sometime. Yeah it is sorta boring.

: Level 5: Gotta find, gotta find, gotta find WALDO!
: - Could use with better shading in the beginning.
: - Found a door that once opened leads to nowhere and just shows a
: untextured wall.

Thank you for mentioning the door. I'll try to find it and fix it. Hey did you find Waldo?

: Level 6: The hell with slavery
: - Perhaps for logical sense, make it where you can't walk right into
: the cell's of the bobs? I mean in all honesty wouldn't the bobs try to
: escape? I'm sure the Pfhor would have more sense than that.
: - I've also had Aleph One crash several times on the is level.
: - Plus, how dare you have a pfhor ship level with no enforcers?

I was going to have a delay on the doors but the delay wasn't working and the BoBs were suppose to start running to their goal, the window with the U.E.S.C. Flintlock (Marathon scenary). I'm sorry if I offended you that there were no enforcers on that level. You probley would had died with how low of health you had. I'll probley go back to that level and do something about it.

: Level 7: Never forgotten

: - wasn't all that bad honestly, though I thought the hulks where enemies
: there for awhile.

I always wanted the hulks to b allies and here they are! I redrew this map and this is the 2nd times result.

: Level 8: Frogs in the vent core
: - Found another door that you open that leads to nowhere and shows a
: untextured wall.
: - Found an untextured side of what I believe was suppost to be bed.

I'll get onto that and fix'em.

: Overall, could become a fun little scenario if you get things right. Bit
: refreshing to have an M1A1 scenario show up. Though I noticed you focus on
: using the pistols quite a bit, and I believe the majority of people don't
: really care for the pistols all that much, so your likely to lose players
: there. Also, I believe Durandal was portrayed a bit off. I think he should
: have been a bit more threatening. He seemed to nice from what I saw in
: level 8.

: And that was my two cents worth.

I'm doing Durandal wrong??? Awww, well Bungie knows how to REALLY make Durandal right. I'll try my best in these later on levels to fix Durandal's personality. Anyways thanks for your review. I now have 3 reviews and am happy about getting reviews. Anyways thanks for your two cents worth and I'll get fixing on some of the stuff and I'll possibly throw in a few more levels when I send out the fixed version.

Please remember that this is my first scenario being out in the public and this is M1A1. I can't really do much due to the fact that this takes place in a space ship. I'm thinking on taking the battle onto the planet below (if you guys were reading the terminals theres a planet). Who knows what will happen!

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

possible scenarioDestiny 7/3/10 3:42 a.m.
     ProjectsDestiny 7/28/10 4:17 p.m.
           Re: ProjectsNicholai 7/28/10 8:39 p.m.
                 Re: ProjectsDestiny 7/30/10 2:42 p.m.
                       Re: ProjectsTycho 7/30/10 7:19 p.m.
                             A DEMO OUT OF NOWHERE!Destiny 7/31/10 3:41 p.m.
                                   Re: A DEMO OUT OF NOWHERE!Lawstiker 8/1/10 7:55 p.m.
                                         1st reviewDestiny 8/2/10 6:10 a.m.
                                               Re: 1st reviewLawstiker 8/2/10 11:29 a.m.
                                                     Re: 1st reviewDestiny 8/2/10 3:19 p.m.
                                                           Finished the Demo...Lawstiker 8/2/10 9:50 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Finished the Demo...Destiny 8/3/10 5:52 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Finished the Demo...chiasaur11 8/3/10 9:38 p.m.
                                                                             Project DaveDestiny 8/4/10 6:12 a.m.
                                                                                   Project DaveDestiny 8/7/10 5:27 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Project Davechiasaur11 8/11/10 9:43 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Project DaveDestiny 8/12/10 7:11 a.m.
                                                                                                     Project DaveDestiny 8/14/10 6:35 a.m.
                                                                                                           Project DaveDestiny 8/21/10 9:53 a.m.
                                                                                                                 50 downloads! *NM*Destiny 8/21/10 2:23 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Project DaveDestiny 8/23/10 3:06 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: Project Davetreellama 8/24/10 12:16 p.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: Project DaveDestiny 8/24/10 3:53 p.m.
                                                                                                                                         Project DaveDestiny 8/29/10 4:46 p.m.
                                                                                                                                               Re: Project Daveelliott 8/31/10 1:29 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                     Re: Project DaveDestiny 8/31/10 2:07 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                           Project DaveDestiny 8/31/10 2:57 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                 Project Dave *LINK*Destiny 9/6/10 4:33 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                       Bad news.... *LINK*Destiny 9/29/10 9:59 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                           Re: Project Daveelliott 9/3/10 3:13 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                 Re: Project DaveDestiny 9/3/10 3:28 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                       Re: Project Daveelliott 9/3/10 4:50 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                             Re: Project DaveDestiny 9/3/10 5:12 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: Project Dave *NM*elliott 9/3/10 5:43 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                         WOO!!!!Destiny 9/4/10 4:53 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                   oops, I meant to post thiselliott 9/3/10 7:00 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Finished the Demo...Lawstiker 8/5/10 8:23 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Finished the Demo...Destiny 8/5/10 11:05 a.m.
                                                                                   UpdateXana's Roadie 2/9/11 11:53 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.