/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Finished the Demo...
Posted By: LawstikerDate: 8/2/10 9:50 p.m.

In Response To: Re: 1st review (Destiny)

Well, I finally had the time to fully play the demo, and it's time to throw out my two cents.

Level 1: Arrival
- The first level could be a bit difficult for people, and that may deter some people from playing, though this is your scenario, its your choice as to what you do.

Level 2: They may be everywhere...
- Not to much to say about this one. Thought it was alright.

Level 3: ...but your better than them
- In the room with the MADDS and the pfhor fighters, its possible
to run into the room without alerting them, then take out all the
fighters using your fist's without alerting the others.

- there is an area where you can run out a window and get stuck
in a small area with no way back into the level.

Level 4: People die, memories don't
- This was a very, very repetitive level, both in texturing and design. This was not a fun level to play, and I did not like it at all. I pretty much skipped this level after playing through most of it.
- There was one spot where the ceiling was untextured.

Level 5: Gotta find, gotta find, gotta find WALDO!
- Could use with better shading in the beginning.
- Found a door that once opened leads to nowhere and just shows a
untextured wall.

Level 6: The hell with slavery
- Perhaps for logical sense, make it where you can't walk right into
the cell's of the bobs? I mean in all honesty wouldn't the bobs try to
escape? I'm sure the Pfhor would have more sense than that.
- I've also had Aleph One crash several times on the is level.
- Plus, how dare you have a pfhor ship level with no enforcers?

Level 7: Never forgotten

- wasn't all that bad honestly, though I thought the hulks where enemies there for awhile.

Level 8: Frogs in the vent core
- Found another door that you open that leads to nowhere and shows a
untextured wall.
- Found an untextured side of what I believe was suppost to be bed.

Overall, could become a fun little scenario if you get things right. Bit refreshing to have an M1A1 scenario show up. Though I noticed you focus on using the pistols quite a bit, and I believe the majority of people don't really care for the pistols all that much, so your likely to lose players there. Also, I believe Durandal was portrayed a bit off. I think he should have been a bit more threatening. He seemed to nice from what I saw in level 8.

And that was my two cents worth.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

possible scenarioDestiny 7/3/10 3:42 a.m.
     ProjectsDestiny 7/28/10 4:17 p.m.
           Re: ProjectsNicholai 7/28/10 8:39 p.m.
                 Re: ProjectsDestiny 7/30/10 2:42 p.m.
                       Re: ProjectsTycho 7/30/10 7:19 p.m.
                             A DEMO OUT OF NOWHERE!Destiny 7/31/10 3:41 p.m.
                                   Re: A DEMO OUT OF NOWHERE!Lawstiker 8/1/10 7:55 p.m.
                                         1st reviewDestiny 8/2/10 6:10 a.m.
                                               Re: 1st reviewLawstiker 8/2/10 11:29 a.m.
                                                     Re: 1st reviewDestiny 8/2/10 3:19 p.m.
                                                           Finished the Demo...Lawstiker 8/2/10 9:50 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Finished the Demo...Destiny 8/3/10 5:52 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Finished the Demo...chiasaur11 8/3/10 9:38 p.m.
                                                                             Project DaveDestiny 8/4/10 6:12 a.m.
                                                                                   Project DaveDestiny 8/7/10 5:27 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Project Davechiasaur11 8/11/10 9:43 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Project DaveDestiny 8/12/10 7:11 a.m.
                                                                                                     Project DaveDestiny 8/14/10 6:35 a.m.
                                                                                                           Project DaveDestiny 8/21/10 9:53 a.m.
                                                                                                                 50 downloads! *NM*Destiny 8/21/10 2:23 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Project DaveDestiny 8/23/10 3:06 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: Project Davetreellama 8/24/10 12:16 p.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: Project DaveDestiny 8/24/10 3:53 p.m.
                                                                                                                                         Project DaveDestiny 8/29/10 4:46 p.m.
                                                                                                                                               Re: Project Daveelliott 8/31/10 1:29 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                     Re: Project DaveDestiny 8/31/10 2:07 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                           Project DaveDestiny 8/31/10 2:57 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                 Project Dave *LINK*Destiny 9/6/10 4:33 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                       Bad news.... *LINK*Destiny 9/29/10 9:59 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                           Re: Project Daveelliott 9/3/10 3:13 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                 Re: Project DaveDestiny 9/3/10 3:28 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                       Re: Project Daveelliott 9/3/10 4:50 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                             Re: Project DaveDestiny 9/3/10 5:12 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: Project Dave *NM*elliott 9/3/10 5:43 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                         WOO!!!!Destiny 9/4/10 4:53 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                   oops, I meant to post thiselliott 9/3/10 7:00 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Finished the Demo...Lawstiker 8/5/10 8:23 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Finished the Demo...Destiny 8/5/10 11:05 a.m.
                                                                                   UpdateXana's Roadie 2/9/11 11:53 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.