/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

A New Fanfic (for real)
Posted By: DestronDate: 6/14/10 1:31 p.m.

Hey, I used to be pretty active on these forums back in 2004/2005. Back then I went by the moniker of Cheerful. Anyway, I started playing Marathon again a few days ago, and I got the sudden urge to write a fanfic. The story is told from the perspective of a high-ranking pfhor trooper after the pfhor are defeated by humanity. I tried to capture an alien mindset, and I'm curious to see how well you think I did.

Now, the story does make a number of assumptions about the pfhor, but I think that was kind of unavoidable. I attempted to remain consistent with what we do know about them, and I'm curious to see what everyone here thinks. The story's about 13 pages in length (maybe I'll try to make it one more page so that it'll be 14 :).

It's mostly done, just needs a few finishing touches. I was wondering: should I post it here? I was thinking about the fanfic archive, but that hasn't been updated since 2006. It'll be ready by tonight, at the latest.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

A New Fanfic (for real)Destron 6/14/10 1:31 p.m.
     Re: A New Fanfic (for real)Destiny 6/14/10 2:46 p.m.
           Re: A New Fanfic (for real)Destron 6/14/10 4:54 p.m.
                 Re: A New Fanfic (for real)chiasaur11 6/14/10 8:36 p.m.
                       Re: Dreaming of EmpireDestron 6/14/10 8:52 p.m.
                             Re: Dreaming of Empire *LINK*chiasaur11 6/14/10 8:59 p.m.
                                   Re: Dreaming of EmpireDestron 6/14/10 9:42 p.m.
                                   Re: Dreaming of Empirechiasaur11 6/14/10 10:09 p.m.
                                         Re: Dreaming of EmpireDestron 6/15/10 8:07 a.m.
                                               Re: Dreaming of Empirechiasaur11 6/15/10 10:21 a.m.
                                                     Re: Dreaming of EmpireDestron 6/15/10 10:28 a.m.
                                                           Re: Dreaming of Empirechiasaur11 6/15/10 10:40 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Dreaming of EmpireDestron 6/15/10 10:43 p.m.
                                                                       Things I hate about my computer...Destiny 6/16/10 10:37 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Things I hate about my computer...treellama 6/17/10 12:07 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Things I hate about my computer...Destiny 6/17/10 2:06 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Things I hate about my computer...treellama 6/17/10 5:18 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Things I hate about my computer...Bob-B-Q 6/18/10 6:09 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Things I hate about my computer...chiasaur11 6/21/10 12:31 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Things I hate about my computer...Destiny 6/22/10 3:51 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Dreaming of EmpireDestron 6/15/10 10:52 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Dreaming of Empirechiasaur11 6/16/10 10:36 p.m.
                             Re: Dreaming of EmpireDestiny 6/15/10 4:24 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.