/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Events in Common
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 3/4/10 9:46 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Events in Common (ChristTrekker)

: I'd be happy just having timeline-sharing scenarios straightened out! I
: started assembling some dates at Traxus, but didn't get very far.

I posted something about this on the Pfhorums a while back. Here's a brief recap from memory:

The primary chain of connected scenarios is:
Marathon -> Durandal/Infinity -> [Eternal] -> *WMaiD -> Rubicon -> Squadron

Eternal is in brackets because it takes place somewhat outside the timeline, but the player's subjective experience begins and ends right after Infinity so if it has to go in at one time it would be there; and an asterisk is on WMaiD as it's a hypothetical member of this chain, being unreleased thus far. Durandal and Infinity are clumped because they take place at the same objective time, though the latter occurs later in the player's subjective time.

Then we also have SoNK -> EVIL and *Sigma -> TGI as other ordered pair which are unclear as to their relation to the above; you may not even be playing the same character in them. They all evidently take place after Durandal/Infinity though.

RED is subtly connected, in the background at least, to both Eternal and, IIRC, WMaiD, but again it's not even clear you're playing the same character there. It also takes place some time after Durandal/Infinity.

Trojan is ostensibly set in the Marathon universe but so far in the future that so long as the universe isn't destroyed and mankind still survives, no other scenario can really contradict it.

Tempus Irae is the only major scenario I can think of which really explicitly disagrees with the main chain, though since it involves time travel it could fit in there somewhat like Eternal does: with S'bhuth spared his madness as it occurs in Eternal, he falls into a different kind of madness, and the player and Durandal go back in time to stop him, leading to the events of Tempus Irae, and then returning to the future in time for WMaiD/Rubicon/etc. But I don't remember TI very well so that may not work so cleanly as that.

I think that pretty much covers all the major scenarios?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Events in CommonForrest of B.org 2/23/10 1:52 p.m.
     Re: Events in Commonchiasaur11 2/24/10 9:02 p.m.
           Re: Events in CommonForrest of B.org 2/24/10 10:35 p.m.
                 Re: Events in Commonchiasaur11 2/25/10 9:04 a.m.
                       Re: Events in CommonForrest of B.org 2/25/10 1:04 p.m.
                             Re: Events in Commonchiasaur11 2/26/10 10:20 p.m.
                                   Re: Events in Commonukimalefu 2/27/10 2:38 a.m.
     Re: Events in CommonChristTrekker 3/4/10 1:28 p.m.
           Re: Events in CommonForrest of B.org 3/4/10 9:46 p.m.
                 Re: Events in CommonChristTrekker 3/5/10 7:00 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.