/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Events in Common
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 2/23/10 1:52 p.m.

I'm thinking of putting together an updated/improved chart of the Marathon 2/Infinity timelines, and in doing so I've started noting events which occur between multiple timelines, to use as chronology markers.

(I'm going to name the timlines by letter for easy reference: the original Marathon 1-2 timeline I call "M", the timeline of Infinity's "Despair" chapter I call "D", the two timelines of Infinity's "Rage" chapter I call "R1" and "R2", and the timeline of Infinity's "Envy" chapter I call "E").

Some that I've listed so far:

- Tycho sends a message that only the three Marathon AIs would understand (prior to "What About Bob?" in M, on "Confound Delivery" in D).

- Durandal's forces damage the Minor River (prior to "Waterloo Waterpark" in M, "Where Some Rarely Go" and "Thing What Kicks..." in R1).

- We connect Durandal to the Pfhor network via two uplink chips ("Waterlook Waterpark" in M, after "Thing What Kicks..." in R1).

- The Citadel of Antiquities is explored ("Eat It, Vid Boi!" etc in M, after "Thing What Kicks..." in R1).

- Battle Group Seven arrives ("Six Thousand Feet Under" in M, "Confound Delivery" in D, prior to "Naw Man He's Close" in R2).

- Durandal is "killed" ("Begging For Mercy Makes Me Angry" in M, "Hang Brain" in R2, prior to "By Committee" in E).

- Thoth is activated ("Kill Your Television" in M, "Confound Delivery" in D, "Where Some Rarely Go" and "Thing What Kicks..." in R1, perhaps around "Hang Brain" in R2, "Strange Aeons" in E).

- The S'pht'Kr arrive ("Fatum Iustum Stultorum" in M, "Confound Delivery" in D, presumably after "Thing What Kicks..." in R1, "You Think You're Big Time..." in E).

- The Trih Xeem is deployed ("All Roads Lead To Sol..." in M, after "Confound Delivery" in D, presumably after "Thing What Kicks..." in R1, "You Think You're Big Time..." in E).

Please help me fill in the blanks on the things already listed, and list others too if you can find any!

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Events in CommonForrest of B.org 2/23/10 1:52 p.m.
     Re: Events in Commonchiasaur11 2/24/10 9:02 p.m.
           Re: Events in CommonForrest of B.org 2/24/10 10:35 p.m.
                 Re: Events in Commonchiasaur11 2/25/10 9:04 a.m.
                       Re: Events in CommonForrest of B.org 2/25/10 1:04 p.m.
                             Re: Events in Commonchiasaur11 2/26/10 10:20 p.m.
                                   Re: Events in Commonukimalefu 2/27/10 2:38 a.m.
     Re: Events in CommonChristTrekker 3/4/10 1:28 p.m.
           Re: Events in CommonForrest of B.org 3/4/10 9:46 p.m.
                 Re: Events in CommonChristTrekker 3/5/10 7:00 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.