/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Pathways Into Darkness On Basilisk 2
Posted By: SarahLynnMarieDate: 10/20/09 4:38 p.m.

Hey there, everyone. :) (Very) long-time lurker, first-time poster.

I've recently gotten an interest in playing Pathways Into Darkness. I downloaded it from Macintosh Garden (link: http://www.macintoshgarden.org/games/pathways-darkness) and set up Basilisk 2 (a Mac emulator) by following this guide (link: http://emaculation.com/doku.php/basilisk_ii_setup). Basilisk works wonderfully; I've gotten OS 7.5.5 installed, and it seems to run well. I'm having some trouble with PID, though.

Here be the specific problem: I'm using HFV Explorer to transfer the PID .sit to my emulated Mac. Once there, the PID .sit doesn't extract properly. I'm using StuffIt to try to extract it.

I've ruled out a problem with the .sit. Using the newest version of StuffIt on Vista, I'm able to expand the file with no problems. So at the moment I'm thinking:

1) Something is being lost in the file's transfer to the emulated Mac,
2) Something's wrong with the emulated Mac, or,
3) I'm rubbish at extracting files on Macs, emulated or otherwise.

I've had this problem with almost -every- file I've transferred to the Mac. It either doesn't extract properly, or I get this error message:

"The document could not be opened, because the application program that created it could not be found. Could not find a translation extension with appropriate translators."

Has anyone here successfully gotten Pathways to work on an emulated Mac? Or, does anyone know of a good article detailing how to do it? I've scoured the interwebs but haven't found one. Was this a common-ish error with older Macs? Any help would be much, much appreciated. :)

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Pathways Into Darkness On Basilisk 2SarahLynnMarie 10/20/09 4:38 p.m.
     Re: Pathways Into Darkness On Basilisk 2Blake37 10/21/09 10:26 a.m.
           Re: Pathways Into Darkness On Basilisk 2Blake37 10/21/09 10:28 a.m.
     Re: Pathways Into Darkness On Basilisk 2Document 10/21/09 2:22 p.m.
           Re: Pathways Into Darkness On Basilisk 2SarahLynnMarie 10/21/09 3:01 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.