/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Spielberg interested in Halo movie
Posted By: decline.decipher.decadenceDate: 8/17/09 8:55 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Spielberg interested in Halo movie (John Denton)

: That would be good, I don't speak French.

OK here we go:

Steven Spielberg goes into Halo's movie adaptation.

August 10 2009

Steven Spielberg, while still working full-time on the Adventures of Tintin: The Unicorn's Secret, has just announced that he is strongly interested in making an adaptation of the Halo videogame.

Several months ago, Peter Jackson and Neil Blomkamo announced their stopping from completing their adaptation project. Nevertheless, Steven Spielberg says he was impressed after reading Stuart Beattit's scripts such as G.I. Joe, Gears of War, Splinter Cell and Spy Hunter.

The film has already been titled as Halo: the Fall of Reach, whose scenario is based on the novel by Eric Nyland: the destruction of Havest by the Covenant. Two sequels have been previewed: Halo: Rise of the Flood and Halo: Battle for Earth.

As for this moment, no realisator has been assigned, and the film is still in the "project" state

Sorry about the lame frenchglish translation... I speak both French and English, but they're not my native languages

Here's the original text for those who read French:

Steven Spielberg se lance dans l'adaptation de « Halo »
10 août 2009. – Steven Spielberg, alors en pleine réalisation d'une adaptation de Tintin, Les Aventures de Tintin : Le Secret de la Licorne, vient d'annoncer être fortement intéressé par une adaptation du jeu vidéo Halo.
Il y a plusieurs mois, Peter Jackson et Neil Blomkamp annonçaient qu'ils abandonnaient leur projet d'adaptation. Néanmoins, après la lecture du scénario de Stuart Beattit, à qui l'on doit déjà G.I. Joe, Gears of War, Splinter Cell et Spy Hunter, Steven Spielberg s'est dit impressionné.
Le film porterait déjà le titre de Halo: The Fall of Reach, dont le scénario est basé sur le roman d'Éric Nyland : la destruction de Harvest par les Covenants. Deux suites sont également prévues par le scénario : Halo: Rise of the Flood et Halo: Battle for Earth.
Pour le moment, aucun réalisateur n'est prévu, et le film n'est encore qu'à l'état de projet.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Spielberg interested in Halo moviedecline.decipher.decadence 8/13/09 4:43 a.m.
     Re: Spielberg interested in Halo movieJohn Denton 8/16/09 7:47 a.m.
           Re: Spielberg interested in Halo moviedecline.decipher.decadence 8/17/09 8:55 a.m.
                 Re: Spielberg interested in Halo movieJohn Denton 8/18/09 1:35 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.