/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eternal Volunteers - Once More Unto Breach...
Posted By: Kevin JaquesDate: 7/22/09 11:29 a.m.

In Response To: Eternal Volunteers - Once More Unto Breach... (Steve Levinson)

This post is all spoilers and walkthroughs for Marathon Eternal for Aleph One. For the Level list, see http://traxus.bungie.org/index.php/Eternal_Volunteers

The room with the save and charger is on the east, about the equator. From there, it is a methodical kill, charge, repeat type of operation.

To save the maximum hulks, don't go into the SE room until fully charged. Go in from the top. Jump on to the raised tubes and go inside, to clear out the enforcers and troopers, so they can't shoot down at the hulks from safety. Just slap them off with the staff, let the hulks kill them. Then jump down and run around drawing fire and taking the occasional slap at a Phfor.

When I did it, I had already killed the 4 controller Phfors, so I can't say whether the hulks would be on your side until then.

I never did manage to get into the 4 sniper nests above the NE-most room. To clear those out without using a lot (or any) ammo, just run back and forth along the opposite wall, and the troopers inside the sniper nests will try to shoot grenades down at you. Those grenades will be blocked by the balcony, so they will do a lot of damage to themselves and the other occupants.

In the south-most room, even after clearing the roving enemies, you will face a withering fire from the stage. Just stay under cover, get those elevators going, then shoot the switches that open the doors. Shoot twice or they'll close again. That gives you freedom to move in close and escape fast, so they are now at your mercy.

Nor did I get the South elevator to go all the way up to the east of the racetrack shape.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal Volunteers - Once More Unto Breach...Steve Levinson 2/16/05 5:46 a.m.
     Re: Eternal Volunteers - Once More Unto Breach...Kevin Jaques 7/22/09 11:29 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.