/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: because this is 'thon related?
Posted By: Johannes GunnarDate: 2/12/09 6:43 a.m.

In Response To: Re: because this is 'thon related? (treellama)

: I don't believe anybody suggested any posts not be allowed here. To whom are
: you replying?

The reply was aimed at you, but I guess i misunderstood your post. I think i can safely blame english being my second language, lack of sleep, plus it was 9 in the morning if I remember correctly. i apologize.

: The reason I asked why you posted them is because you act as if it should be
: obvious to me that these announcements were not just for people lucky
: enough to have access to a decent (in a generous sense of the word)
: Hotline client. I didn't (and still don't) understand why someone who
: doesn't use hl.bungie.org would make a custom icon set for hl.bungie.org,
: which only reinforced the impression I got. I just wanted to clarify why I
: got the wrong idea, and to satisfy my curiosity about who would make a
: custom icon set for hl.bungie.org who doesn't go there--I didn't meant to
: imply you didn't have a use case in mind, and were just being thoughtless
: or discourteous posting that.

you are correct that people that don't visit hl.bungie.org probably have no interest in making an icon for hl.bungie.org and it is true that there is a news feature in hotline and we use it quite a lot. There are some announcements on the other hand that I think should be announced "globally" to the marathon community just in case if some people don't visit hl.b.o on regular basis or simply don't read the news there, but do read the forums. Therefor I post the highlight news over here, (and sometimes on the pfhorums too) to catch the small amount of users that might be interested (plus, it's not like we can't afford the space on the story forum page for a couple of news like that) but didn't catch the news/talk on hl.bungie.org.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

HL.BUNGIE.ORG Weekly Multiplayer Carnage Fest III *LINK*Johannes Gunnar 2/11/09 11:11 a.m.
     Re: HL.BUNGIE.ORG Weekly Multiplayer Carnage Fest treellama 2/11/09 11:43 a.m.
           Re: HL.BUNGIE.ORG Weekly Multiplayer Carnage Festukimalefu 2/11/09 11:50 a.m.
           because this is 'thon related? *NM*Johannes Gunnar 2/11/09 12:28 p.m.
                 Re: because this is 'thon related?treellama 2/11/09 4:30 p.m.
                       Re: because this is 'thon related?Johannes Gunnar 2/11/09 4:59 p.m.
                             Re: because this is 'thon related?treellama 2/11/09 5:39 p.m.
                                   Re: because this is 'thon related?Johannes Gunnar 2/11/09 11:28 p.m.
                                         Re: because this is 'thon related?treellama 2/12/09 5:35 a.m.
                                               Re: because this is 'thon related?Johannes Gunnar 2/12/09 6:43 a.m.
                                                     Re: because this is 'thon related?treellama 2/12/09 8:05 a.m.
                                                           Re: because this is 'thon related?Johannes Gunnar 2/12/09 10:45 a.m.
                                                     Re: because this is 'thon related?John Denton 2/12/09 10:13 a.m.
           Re: HL.BUNGIE.ORG Weekly Multiplayer Carnage FestForrest of B.org 2/11/09 4:14 p.m.
     Re: HL.BUNGIE.ORG Weekly Multiplayer Carnage Fest goran 2/12/09 10:44 a.m.
     HL.BUNGIE.ORG Weekly Multiplayer Carnage Fest V *LINK*Johannes Gunnar 2/27/09 6:16 a.m.
           Re: HL.BUNGIE.ORG Weekly Multiplayer Carnage Fest John Denton 2/28/09 3:42 p.m.
                 i meant today ;).. or technically. yesterday.Johannes Gunnar 2/28/09 5:57 p.m.
           HL.BUNGIE.ORG Weekly Multiplayer Carnage Fest VI *LINK*Johannes Gunnar 3/5/09 11:27 p.m.
                 Download LinksJohannes Gunnar 3/6/09 7:59 a.m.
                       Re: Download LinksForrest of B.org 3/6/09 6:16 p.m.
                 HL.BUNGIE.ORG Weekly Multiplayer Carnage Fest VIIJohannes Gunnar 3/14/09 6:02 a.m.
                       HL.BUNGIE.ORG Weekly Multiplayer Carnage Fest IX *LINK*Johannes Gunnar 3/23/09 4:27 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.