/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: because this is 'thon related?
Posted By: Johannes GunnarDate: 2/11/09 4:59 p.m.

In Response To: Re: because this is 'thon related? (treellama)

: So, everyone *is* welcome to join then? Contrary to your first description of
: the games?

everyone is welcome to join. I don't remember saying this was VIP only, but if my previous statements could be read that way then I'm sorry about that. What i said was quality over quantity. That doesn't mean we disallow people to play with us. It simply means that we schedule things to get people together on the same time. get to meet each other, make things a bit more personal and alive. Instead of randomly joining a random game on the metaserver, with no idea who you are playing against. and then leaving after a game, with no idea who you just played against.

we usually play on the meta server so as long as we got space (connection-wise) we will let more people in even if they are not on hl.bungie.org

: Make up your mind: Is this going to a bar with friends? Or are non-90's
: client owning people welcome too? If the latter, that shoots down your
: previous argument about why you need to schedule these.

non-90's client owning people (isn't irc/hotline/'thon '90 clients btw? ;P) are more than welcome. We usually play on the metaserver so if we got enough space for extra people we let them in. The main community chatter happens on hotline though so if people want to participate in that they need to get online there. Just like they need to get online on #alephone to participate in the community there, or get online on the metaserver to participate in the community there.

: So, I will ask again. Why the need for a schedule?

So far, the schedule has proven quite well in both getting people together at the same time & enjoy a quality time with each other. So the question is... why not?

: Are you seriously going to post this *every week* for the foreseeable future?

it depends.. technicly I don't see why not.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

HL.BUNGIE.ORG Weekly Multiplayer Carnage Fest III *LINK*Johannes Gunnar 2/11/09 11:11 a.m.
     Re: HL.BUNGIE.ORG Weekly Multiplayer Carnage Fest treellama 2/11/09 11:43 a.m.
           Re: HL.BUNGIE.ORG Weekly Multiplayer Carnage Festukimalefu 2/11/09 11:50 a.m.
           because this is 'thon related? *NM*Johannes Gunnar 2/11/09 12:28 p.m.
                 Re: because this is 'thon related?treellama 2/11/09 4:30 p.m.
                       Re: because this is 'thon related?Johannes Gunnar 2/11/09 4:59 p.m.
                             Re: because this is 'thon related?treellama 2/11/09 5:39 p.m.
                                   Re: because this is 'thon related?Johannes Gunnar 2/11/09 11:28 p.m.
                                         Re: because this is 'thon related?treellama 2/12/09 5:35 a.m.
                                               Re: because this is 'thon related?Johannes Gunnar 2/12/09 6:43 a.m.
                                                     Re: because this is 'thon related?treellama 2/12/09 8:05 a.m.
                                                           Re: because this is 'thon related?Johannes Gunnar 2/12/09 10:45 a.m.
                                                     Re: because this is 'thon related?John Denton 2/12/09 10:13 a.m.
           Re: HL.BUNGIE.ORG Weekly Multiplayer Carnage FestForrest of B.org 2/11/09 4:14 p.m.
     Re: HL.BUNGIE.ORG Weekly Multiplayer Carnage Fest goran 2/12/09 10:44 a.m.
     HL.BUNGIE.ORG Weekly Multiplayer Carnage Fest V *LINK*Johannes Gunnar 2/27/09 6:16 a.m.
           Re: HL.BUNGIE.ORG Weekly Multiplayer Carnage Fest John Denton 2/28/09 3:42 p.m.
                 i meant today ;).. or technically. yesterday.Johannes Gunnar 2/28/09 5:57 p.m.
           HL.BUNGIE.ORG Weekly Multiplayer Carnage Fest VI *LINK*Johannes Gunnar 3/5/09 11:27 p.m.
                 Download LinksJohannes Gunnar 3/6/09 7:59 a.m.
                       Re: Download LinksForrest of B.org 3/6/09 6:16 p.m.
                 HL.BUNGIE.ORG Weekly Multiplayer Carnage Fest VIIJohannes Gunnar 3/14/09 6:02 a.m.
                       HL.BUNGIE.ORG Weekly Multiplayer Carnage Fest IX *LINK*Johannes Gunnar 3/23/09 4:27 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.