/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Pfh'Joueur
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 1/2/09 8:59 p.m.

In Response To: Pfh'Joueur (radioskip)

: Is there any install of Pfh'Joueur for OS 10.4 that would work on an intel
: iMac?

You're talking about one of my favorite scenarios of all time. I've played it on my MacBook Pro with both Tiger and Leopard with both the previous release and the current release of AO without any hitches. It plays great and as far as I could find, there are no bugs at all - however - installing the scenario requires a working version of Marathon Infinity and even though the installer works on an Intel Mac, it seems to quit with an error message. Perhaps the installer just can't work with a classic app on an Intel Mac. I haven't tried working with the generated files to see if they work, but I don't think that all the files are there, so I think a novice user would be out of luck - you would need an older Mac capable of running Classic and a working version of Infinity (not just the downloaded version from Bungie that lacks the application) to generate a working game. You also need to download the AO scripts for Pfh'Joueur from the website, which hasn't been updated since 2000.

: Would love to play this scenario again. Would anyone out there port it? Is
: Shebob still in existence?...

I know she's still around, but she hasn't updated anything on the site since 2003, and the link to her employer is no longer functional.

At one time, I was working on a spoiler guide for Pfh'Joueur, since it is one of my favorites, but that is so far down my list of things to do right now, it isn't even funny. At the moment, finding full-time employment is a slightly higher priority - my wife and I would prefer not to lose our condo. When I get a chance, I'll try to at least put a working version of the Pfh'Joueur scenario on my web server - I doubt that Candice would object to that. If I can find her, perhaps I could help her update her website. Maybe I could even talk her into creating high-res textures for the scenario. That would be sweet.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Pfh'Joueurradioskip 1/2/09 9:59 a.m.
     Re: Pfh'JoueurFire Angel 1/2/09 12:55 p.m.
     Re: Pfh'JoueurSteve Levinson 1/2/09 8:59 p.m.
           Re: Pfh'Joueurradioskip 1/3/09 12:44 a.m.
                 Re: Pfh'Joueurthedoctor45 1/4/09 12:28 p.m.
                       Re: Pfh'Joueurradioskip 1/5/09 9:16 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.