/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: In search of the tru7h? Go to the source
Posted By: Andrew NagyDate: 11/27/08 6:35 p.m.

In Response To: Re: In search of the tru7h? Go to the source (MoB Marine21)

: There's always learning game design and then trying to work for Bungie
: yourself.

...yeah, not going for that. The odds of success would still be pretty bad, and it doesn't really sound anything like my kind of work.

: As for the Escapist do you mean Escapist Magazine home of Yahtzee the crazy
: australian who does game reviews in Zero Punctuation?
: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation
: This I know of.

: Or there is this which I just googled
: http://www.theescapist.com/

The first one is the one I linked to. They're the last ones known to have contact with Greg.

: Speaking of tru7h last I checked they had a few people over at the halo
: storyboard that somehow think Marathon and Halo are directly connected
: (Instead of just being a spiritual successor of sorts)
: http://halostory.bungie.org/marathon.html

That's really long, but Halo has faster-than-light travel and takes place over 200 years before Marathon, so there's no chance of it being a shared timeline. Personally, I like the theory that Bungie split Halo off from Marathon so that if they ever had the chance to leave Microsoft, they could let them have Halo and keep Marathon for themselves.

: And apparently there is a theory that Sgt. Eddings (PiD mentioned as the
: players name in the hint book from what I've read on the pid page) and
: Mjolnir Recon number 54 (Player in Marathon most likely) are one in the
: same.

: Gonna have to reread but I had a rough idea (It might be invalid if I keep
: thinking on it but meh I'll throw it out there).

It's neither confirmed nor contradicted by anything in canon.

: Quick question though before I expand this thought. Would it be too hard to
: figure out in the marathon Timeline when Humanity reached for the stars?

What do you mean specifically? The Story page's timeline has most of the information relevant to that.

: My thought is if the Jjaro were kind enough to warn the president that the
: sleeping god was going to wake up real soon and informing them of the way
: to stop the destruction of the human race and life on earth. Well perhaps
: when they finally arrived like they said they would to remove our problem
: child they might have shared a few things.

Questionable. Why would they give knowledge to just a few people, knowing that they'd be likely to cover it up and hoard it? It seems unlikely that they could have been bribed. I prefer the theory that all our Jjaro technology was looted from the moon; and possibly that the Jjaro had already vanished by 1994, and Ryu'Toth just didn't know it yet.

I was going to reply the rest, but it's late now, and really I don't know how you expect anyone to read something that long.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Just poking around to see if anyone was around.MoB Marine21 11/25/08 10:29 p.m.
     Re: Just poking around to see if anyone was aroundMoB Marine21 11/25/08 10:40 p.m.
           Re: Just poking around to see if anyone was aroundthermoplyae 11/26/08 4:56 a.m.
     Re: Just poking around to see if anyone was aroundForrest of B.org 11/26/08 12:32 a.m.
           I'm always aroundukimalefu 11/26/08 3:37 a.m.
                 He won't let the front page get to 0 posts >:( *NM*treellama 11/26/08 4:27 a.m.
           Re: Just poking around to see if anyone was aroundMoB Marine21 11/26/08 3:27 p.m.
                 Re: Just poking around to see if anyone was aroundMoB Marine21 11/26/08 3:52 p.m.
                       Re: Just poking around to see if anyone was aroundAndrew Nagy 11/26/08 4:24 p.m.
                             Not what I expected but thank youMoB Marine21 11/26/08 7:38 p.m.
                                   Re: Not what I expected but thank youAndrew Nagy 11/27/08 10:14 a.m.
                                         Re: Not what I expected but thank youJohn Denton 11/27/08 11:02 a.m.
                                               Re: Not what I expected but thank youAndrew Nagy 11/27/08 11:42 a.m.
                                                     *part of why there hasn't. *NM*Andrew Nagy 11/27/08 11:47 a.m.
                                                     Re: Not what I expected but thank youJohn Denton 11/28/08 12:54 a.m.
                                         Re: In search of the tru7h? Go to the sourceMoB Marine21 11/27/08 12:43 p.m.
                                               Re: In search of the tru7h? Go to the sourceAndrew Nagy 11/27/08 6:35 p.m.
                                                     Re: In search of the tru7h? Go to the sourceMoB Marine21 11/27/08 8:39 p.m.
                                                           Re: In search of the tru7h? Go to the sourceAndrew Nagy 11/28/08 7:30 a.m.
                 Re: Just poking around to see if anyone was around *LINK*Godot 11/30/08 8:31 a.m.
                       Re: Just poking around to see if anyone was around *LINK*MoB Marine21 12/1/08 9:52 p.m.
                             Re: Just poking around to see if anyone was aroundMoB Marine21 12/1/08 10:20 p.m.
                                   Re: Just poking around to see if anyone was aroundAndrew Nagy 12/2/08 8:52 a.m.
                                         Re: Just poking around to see if anyone was around *LINK*Godot 12/2/08 10:39 a.m.
                             Re: Just poking around to see if anyone was around *LINK*Godot 12/2/08 10:43 a.m.
                                   He's alive! ALIVE!!!! *NM*ukimalefu 12/2/08 11:09 a.m.
                                   Re: Just poking around to see if anyone was aroundMoB Marine21 12/3/08 2:33 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.