/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

A pathetic plea for help re: The Tycho Plank
Posted By: Linear LadDate: 9/1/08 5:21 p.m.

First of all, I'd like to profess my undying love to all things Marathon in all its forms (the holy trilogy, Evil, Tempus Irae, Meggido, Seige of Nor'Korth, Pfh' Joueur, Eternal, and Rubicon). Even with all of the advances in technology since they were first created, I've yet to find a shooter as deep and complex as they were. Nowadays you could fault 'em for being maybe a little too switch puzzle heavy, but I think the gameplay still holds up. I just have one big problem.

Despite years of play, my vidmaster skills are beyond pathetic. Surviving to the next map is a challange enough for me at the lowest difficulty setting. And I'm ashamed to admit it, but there's been times ('Post Naval Trauma' in Infinity I think) where I just gave up and level-skipped.

This brings me to something that's been nagging me ever since the release of Rubicon X: the Tycho Plank. I've beaten the Pfhor plank, and after six years, The Salinger Plank, but I've searched in vain for that one terminal that'll put me on the right path. The Marathon community has been growing quieter lately, and if the end is nigh I'd just appreciate some directions to get to these levels. I've always lurking here because of the message board's laid-back nature. That's why I'm asking here and not the Pforums. They'd eat me alive for sure!

Honestly, I just need an excuse to play Rubicon X again. It's 'Marathon 4' in my heart. Knowing full well about the no-spoiler policy, if you want to let me in on the secret, email me at silentrunningfrog @yahoo.com.

Thank you for your cooperation.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

A pathetic plea for help re: The Tycho PlankLinear Lad 9/1/08 5:21 p.m.
     Re: A pathetic plea for help re: The Tycho Plankpfhore 9/1/08 7:33 p.m.
           Re: A pathetic plea for help re: The Tycho PlankLinear Lad 9/2/08 3:38 a.m.
                 Re: A pathetic plea for help re: The Tycho PlankElderman 9/2/08 6:50 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.