/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: I have a better appreciation for Claude today
Posted By: Blake37Date: 8/14/08 4:51 a.m.

In Response To: I have a better appreciation for Claude today (Blayne)

: I just spent 2 1/2 hours trying to find old (i.e: 2001) Starscraft mods
: (Sickle 3.1 Preview) online using Google, Archive.org, and a bunch of
: sites that aren't even in English.

: After all that, I have a much better appreciation for the consistent presence
: and overall stability of bungie.org, and it's Marathon hub. Files from
: 1994 are a hyperlink away, rather than (maybe) rehosted on some German
: FTP.

: I'm still hacking away at WMaiD, but with my Powermac 6500 out of commission,
: I'm looking forward to bringing everything over to a new laptop under
: Basilisk II emulation. Hopefully. Anyone had success running Forge and
: other Marathon tools under this Windows-emulating-Mac-Classic?

: -Blayne
:

Yeah man, I've used Basilisk with windows. It works pretty well, but the disk image I got (I downloaded a marathon basilisk package) would only let me use lower end video settings, and I got a few weird glitchs with switches in forge that carried over when I merged the maps. Stuff like The switch would be set to on, so to activate it you'd have to push to turn it off an than another time to turn it back on. It didn't happen all the time though. Oh, the other thing, the elevation of floors and ceilings didn't display in world units, but some weird smaller number. I could enter them values in world units and get what I wanted, but forge would show the numbers as much smaller. 8 became 2.7, as I recall.

Hopefully those are just my issues. Even if not, you can still work around them. It's way better than not being able to map at all.

Good luck dude, I loved the WMaiD demo!

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

I have a better appreciation for Claude todayBlayne 8/14/08 12:14 a.m.
     Re: I have a better appreciation for Claude todayJohannes Gunnar 8/14/08 1:44 a.m.
     Re: I have a better appreciation for Claude todaythedoctor45 8/14/08 1:54 a.m.
           Basilisk II Mac Emulator: Thanks 'thedoctor45'!Blayne 8/27/08 6:10 p.m.
                 Re: Basilisk II Mac Emulator: Thanks 'thedoctor45'Dav Flamerock 9/1/08 9:24 a.m.
     Re: I have a better appreciation for Claude todayBlake37 8/14/08 4:51 a.m.
           Re: I have a better appreciation for Claude todaythedoctor45 8/14/08 7:49 a.m.
                 Re: I have a better appreciation for Claude todayBlake37 8/14/08 8:06 a.m.
                       Re: I have a better appreciation for Claude todayJohannes Gunnar 8/14/08 9:06 a.m.
                             Re: I have a better appreciation for Claude todayBlake37 8/14/08 10:04 a.m.
                                   Re: I have a better appreciation for Claude todayBlayne 8/15/08 11:36 a.m.
                                         Re: I have a better appreciation for Claude todayJohannes Gunnar 8/15/08 2:15 p.m.
                                         Re: I have a better appreciation for Claude todayBlake37 8/15/08 2:39 p.m.
                                               Re: I have a better appreciation for Claude todayBlayne 8/18/08 10:01 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.