/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Will Marathon/PiD mysteries ever be revealed?
Posted By: DoomguyDate: 7/3/08 6:43 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Will Marathon/PiD mysteries ever be revealed? (Document)

: Probably not, but Greg's not dead yet, and strange resurrections have
: happened before. I'll continue to not say never.

: Blue Potions. That's still the theory I like best.

: Meh. I'm a fan of mysteries, but that one reads to me like something meant to
: lay the groundwork for an upcoming revelation; which in a way we got.

: On the other hand, if you mean the actual details of the player's career and
: training/conditioning as a battleroid, then I may agree with you; in that
: sense it works.

What is so important of the blue Potion (i never played PiD so i dont know about that Potion) I do know that Dead Soldiers were used to create Battledroids so if the Security Officer is the Reanimated Sgt. Eddings then Eddings would have died and his body was frozen in cryo and later used for the Battleroid project. But i have also heard that Sgt. Eddings could have become Immortal but if that was true he still would have died to become a Battleroid.

This is all what i got from PiD on the wiki relating the Security Officer with Eddings (and i have read the Epilogue of PiD).

"There are also connections which are not directly spoken, but many believe. Although it is never directly stated, the Marathon character is rumored to be a cyborg, formed from the dead bodies of soldiers. This character feels as if he has done certain things before, or as if he has dreamed about them. These 'certain things' match up well with nearly identical events which the main character from Pathways experienced."

Also do you belive the theory that the Dreaming God is the W'rkncacnter? In my opinion he is (even though i haven't played PiD). It would explain why the Jjaro knew so much about the Dreaming God. Below is something i got of the PiD section on the wiki. Dreaming God is misspelled here and called the waking god.

"The most salient of these connections is the nature of the "waking god" and the helpful aliens who inform the United States government of its nature. The "waking god" is believed to be a — or the — W'rkncacnter, a race or singular entity in the Marathon series which shares similar properties, primarily ancient origins, incredible power and the capacity to cause destruction on a global or cosmic scale simply by existing."

Here is Info about the Dreaming God and W'rkncacnter. Got it of of the Marathon Story Site.

"According to the legends of a thousand worlds only a few of which are still habitable, the W'rkncacnter are those things that live in chaos, creating it around them. At the beginning of the universe, they were unmistakable in their entities, but as time has gone by, their existence has become difficult to detect among the chaotic elements of the universe, hidden in stars, trapped in storms, forever looking along the event horizons of black holes.

"

"It was a member of a race whose history began when the Milky Way was still a formless collection of dust and gas-- a powerful race of immortals which had quickly grown bored of their tiny universe and nearly exterminated themselves in war.

(Pathways Into Darkness manual page 1)"

"This particular being, whose name no human throat will ever learn to pronounce, was part of the cataclysmic battle that formed Magellanic Clouds, billions of years ago. It died there, or it came as close to dying as these things can, and drifted aimlessly for millions of light years before striking the Earth.

(Pathways Into Darkness manual page 1)"

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Will Marathon/PiD mysteries ever be revealed?Doomguy 7/2/08 10:15 p.m.
     If you get in, you may never get out.ukimalefu 7/3/08 5:46 a.m.
     Re: Will Marathon/PiD mysteries ever be revealed?Document 7/3/08 6:55 a.m.
           Re: Will Marathon/PiD mysteries ever be revealed?Doomguy 7/3/08 8:48 a.m.
                 Re: Will Marathon/PiD mysteries ever be revealed?Dav Flamerock 7/3/08 9:22 a.m.
                       Re: Will Marathon/PiD mysteries ever be revealed?Document 7/3/08 10:30 a.m.
                             Re: Will Marathon/PiD mysteries ever be revealed?Doomguy 7/3/08 6:43 p.m.
                                   Re: Will Marathon/PiD mysteries ever be revealed?Doomguy 7/12/08 11:00 a.m.
                                         Re: Will Marathon/PiD mysteries ever be revealed?Blackthrone 7/13/08 1:10 p.m.
                 Re: Will Marathon/PiD mysteries ever be revealed?Document 7/3/08 9:59 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.