/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Thought of "The Far Side Of Nowhere"- I
Posted By: pfhoreDate: 6/1/08 2:57 p.m.

In Response To: Eternal X Commentary: "The Far Side Of Nowhere" (Forrest of B.org)

These are meant to try to answer about "What does it mean?" or "Where am I?". As I am not its author, there may be some mistakes. You should read these after you completed the map.

stiation: You're at K'lia in 2905, after finishing the pfhor-human war.

The first Terminal

Actually, this terminal explains almost everything. But we don't know anything detailed about this background, you can understand very little at first.
( And since it is very long, you'll skiped and missed something ;) )

Twenty-nine oh five. Damn. Five hundred years ago seems like just yesterday... the last time I saw the cities of Mars. The last time I'll ever see them again, since by now they're nothing but twisted slag, lying amidst the dusty red sands. They say that nobody won the war. The Pfhor empire is shattered, their civilization decimated by the S'pht rebellion. The S'pht themselves are also gone; the 'Kr put down to end S'bhuth's madness, and the rest of them exterminated by the Pfhor. And here we are now, one ruined world left, and clinging to this unnatural second moon as our only hope for salvation.

All worlds are destroyed with "Sphere's superweapon." S'bhuth's gone mad due to the Durandal's compilers. As there're no S'pht, we have K'lia now and is around the Earth.

But neither we nor the Pfhor are gone; they are merely set back, and we even more so. And when our kinds once again collide, I doubt that mankind should come out the victor. Apparently enough people share that fear that it was worth spending nearly all of our resources finding some way to make it right.

Pfhor might use trih xeem to our Sun, and if so, it would be the end of our(and thier) world.

And right here on K'lia, they found the key. The means to our restitution. The greatest technology ever dreamed of, 'magic' left behind by the Jjaro, which could unravel the very fabric of space and alter the course of history...

We already did it in MI.

So once again it is my kind that is called upon in time of need. Battleroids have been used as a last resort ever since our invention, but this is certainly a novel use. It seems that this 'Cybernetic Junction' was the pinnacle of Jjaro technology, and one of them lies at the heart of every Mk IV Battleroid ever built - a "surrogate soul", as one of the techs put it. And just what was needed by K'lia.

You'll be cunfused about "Cybernetic Junction" at first. In MI, it is described like S'pht's implants, which make someone sentient.

Until now, sentience had always required
cyber-organic symbiosis. All of our
science has led to this conclusion.

We can even give our pets sentience with
cyber-organic implants. Yet, these vile
conquerors are sentient without any machinations.
[The Hard Stuff Rules... (Terminal 2) ]

But this one is much more powerful. You can revive from pattern baffer and do time travel with it.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Volunteers: Eternal "The Far Side Of Nowhere"pfhore 4/28/08 4:30 p.m.
     Re: Volunteers: Eternal "The Far Side Of Nowhere"Elderman 4/29/08 2:45 p.m.
           Re: Volunteers: Eternal "The Far Side Of Nowhere"Forrest of B.org 4/29/08 6:05 p.m.
                 Re: Volunteers: Eternal "The Far Side Of Nowhere"Luke 4/30/08 11:35 a.m.
     Eternal X Commentary: "The Far Side Of Nowhere"Forrest of B.org 5/9/08 8:51 p.m.
           Thought of "The Far Side Of Nowhere"- Ipfhore 6/1/08 2:57 p.m.
                 Re: Thought of "The Far Side Of Nowhere"- IForrest of B.org 6/1/08 8:54 p.m.
                       Re: Thought of "The Far Side Of Nowhere"- Ipfhore 6/2/08 12:03 a.m.
                             Re: Thought of "The Far Side Of Nowhere"- IForrest of B.org 6/2/08 1:06 a.m.
           Re: Thought of "The Far Side Of Nowhere"- IIpfhore 6/2/08 1:24 a.m.
           Re: Eternal X Commentary: "The Far Side Of NowhereDeath Angel 9/6/12 3:15 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal X Commentary: "The Far Side Of NowhereForrest of B.org 9/6/12 9:36 p.m.
                       Marathon Terminal PDF BooksGrimCleaver 9/6/12 11:54 p.m.
                             Re: Marathon Terminal PDF BooksGrimCleaver 9/7/12 12:32 a.m.
                                   Homer Simpson moment ;) *NM*Godot 9/7/12 3:40 a.m.
                       Re: Eternal X Commentary: "The Far Side Of NowhereDeath Angel 9/7/12 5:06 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.