/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eternal volunteers: "The Dead..." ~ "Deep Into
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 5/23/08 12:57 a.m.

In Response To: Eternal volunteers: "The Dead..." ~ "Deep Into..." (pfhore)

: "The Dead Live In The Catocombs"

: THE SERIOUS BUG: After geting the chip, you MUST NOT ENTER the entry polygon,
: or you're teleported to the level 1.

Eek! Jeez, how do polys keep getting marked as teleporters...

Fixed now.

: Hathor also thinks I came from the vassel.

Different vessel. The [?watcher] thinks you came from a Jjaro ship in this time frame that was destroyed by the W'rkncacnter somewhere outside the Sphere. Hathor says you came from the Jjaro dreadnaught in Chapter 4, which is correct.

: I am interested how it can kill such many lives. In the Earch, this event was caursed by a
: mass meteor, in which one w'rkncacnter (or some?) lived sleeping.

Actually, though I'm not certain I explicitly state this in the game (because it's not necessary to know for the plot), the timeline of events I picture is thus (spoilers for the failure branch here):

The meteror/W'rkncacnter crashes into Earth, asleep. The ancient Jjaro, who are humans from the future and thus keeping an eye on Earth, detect signs of technology in the meteor, and go down to investigate after things cool down a bit. Poking at the body of the W'rkncacnter (the likes of which they have never seen before), and researching the technologies bound to it, they accidentally wake the thing up, and all hell breaks loose. The two ships in Earth orbit are overrun by the W'rk's nightmares and destroyed.

Unable to safely fly any ships close enough to Earth to destroy the damn thing, the Jjaro begin construction on the far side of the galaxy of a massive superstructure with gravitic shielding, which the W'rkncacnter is unable to see or manipulate through: the Sphere. They begin to retreat into there as the nightmares overrun the galaxy, and from there they formulate their defense strategy.

Eventually they are more or less boxed in inside the Sphere and have no option left but to deploy their doomsday device. For guaranteed maximum effectiveness, they begin to pilot the thing toward Earth, but as it passes through what would eventually become Pfhor space (fairly near Earth), Hathor arrives and sabotages the gravitic shielding and... the rest is Chapter 5.

: This weapon is not strong enough to kill the enemy.

The Sphere superweapon did what it was supposed to do, but the [?enemy] got inside thanks to Hathor, and the Sphere wasn't designed for that contingency. (Besides, all you could really do is fire the superweapon inward anyway, which isn't going to help to save you).

: And my kind, orignal Jjaro and future Human are all gone. BTW, Who is "my servants"? Durandal?

AIs in general. The Jjaro's AIs and other cybernetic descendants carried on their civilization after the biological Jjaro went extinct.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal volunteers: "The Dead..." ~ "Deep Into..."pfhore 5/22/08 11:52 p.m.
     Re: Eternal volunteers: "The Dead..." ~ "Deep IntoForrest of B.org 5/23/08 12:57 a.m.
           Re: Eternal volunteers: "The Dead..." ~ "Deep..."pfhore 5/23/08 8:07 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal volunteers: "The Dead..." ~ "Deep..."Forrest of B.org 5/23/08 11:35 p.m.
     Eternal X Commentary: "The Dead Live…"Forrest of B.org 5/23/08 1:00 a.m.
           Re: Eternal X Commentary: "The Dead Live…"Kevin Jaques 7/22/09 12:08 p.m.
     Eternal X Commentary: "Not A Natural Formation"Forrest of B.org 5/23/08 1:02 a.m.
           Re: Eternal X Commentary: "Not A Natural FormationKevin Jaques 7/22/09 12:17 p.m.
     Eternal X Commentary: "Deep Into The Grotto"Forrest of B.org 5/23/08 1:05 a.m.
           Re: Eternal X Commentary: "Deep Into The Grotto"Kevin Jaques 7/22/09 12:32 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal X Commentary: "Deep Into The Grotto"Kevin Jaques 7/23/09 7:53 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.