/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Eternal X Commentary: "Unlucky For Some"
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 5/10/08 5:51 p.m.

In Response To: Eternal volunteers: "Unlucky...", "Unpfhorseen" (pfhore)

Level 13: "Unlucky For Some"

(Created by Don-Martin Antell based on a concept by Goran Svensson. I also had a lot of trouble titling this map - earlier versions were plays on "Central Park" and later "Madison Cube Garden", the idea being to somehow jovially reference the point that this big open place was the center of the main Pfhor city on this world, and then one day "Your Tax Dollars At Work" popped into my head for some reason, which stuck for most of Eternal X development. Then after Alpha 5 I remembered that long ago I had insisted on Level 13 - which then was a completely different stage in the game - being named "Unlucky For Some". So the old name came back from the dead and here it is now. The Pfhor are certainly getting unlucky in this level, anyway.)

You teleport in deeper inside the Pfhor city. There is a terminal nearby.

[L13-T0-Unfinished]

Outside, Fusion Bobs battle Juggernauts and other Pfhor. After working your way into the upper reaches of one of the nearby buildings, and using strange energy catapults to fly across to other buildings, you finally enter the central core, where a warning message flashes on a terminal.

[L13-T1-Unfinished]

After you smash the wires and deactivate the shields, this terminal changes.

[L13-T1-Finished]

You teleport out to Level 14: "Unpfhorseen".

(The line "That's an offer that I doubt you will often find" is supposed to be ironic humor, seeing as how the same thing was in fact just offered to you by Durandal in an alternate timeline a couple levels ago.)

(Also, I hope that Leela comes across as slightly creepy in these terminals. I tried to make players feel slightly uneasy about going with either Tycho or Leela, seeing as how both of them are saying that the other is clearly not right in the head, and both of them are acting a little egomaniacle. Just a little.)

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal volunteers: "Unlucky...", "Unpfhorseen"pfhore 5/10/08 4:24 p.m.
     Eternal X Commentary: "Unlucky For Some"Forrest of B.org 5/10/08 5:51 p.m.
     Eternal X Commentary: "Unpfhorseen"Forrest of B.org 5/10/08 5:55 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.