/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Eternal X Commentary: "A Friend In Need"
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 5/10/08 12:34 p.m.

In Response To: Eternal volunteers: "A Friend In Need" (pfhore)

Level 12: "A Friend In Need"

(Created by Goran Svensson based on the concept of an earlier map begun by Mike Finley and finished off by myself. I originally had a lot of trouble coming up with a good name for this map, so it was called "This Space Intentionally Left Blank".)

You teleport in inside a crashed Pfhor ship. Fusion Bobs are scrambling for combat. Nearby are some weapons and ammo, and elsewhere a terminal, with an uplink chip in front of it.

[L12-T0-Unfinished]

(In most early versions of the Eternal plot, Leela was not featured at all, nor was Tycho for that matter, the plot action being mostly changing allegiances between Durandal and Hathor. But I had plans for Leela for a sequel, where after returning to the Last Battle of Lh'owon you left with Robert Blake and crew, and en route back to Earth encountered Leela in the Vylae network, where she had somehow developed multiple personalities during her rampancy. The idea was to rescue her sanity and then rescue her from the Vylae network. When I wanted to work her into Eternal, but realized that I couldn't do so without violating Marathon canon - namely that Leela was never expunged from the Vylae network - I wrote this little intro as though my sequel had already happened, and a limited copy of Leela, perhaps just one of her personalities, had escaped with Blake and company. But that doesn't have much impact on Eternal anymore; some version of Leela is here, and friendly enough, but still not quite the same Leela we once knew from Marathon. That's all that matters.)

Outside, you are awash in purple haze, as Tycho's S'pht Compilers and Human Tank cyborgs battle alongside Blake's Fusion Bobs against the Pfhor garrison waiting for you.

Once you complete your mission objectives, a transporter pad will take you out to Level 13: "Unlucky For Some".

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal volunteers: "A Friend In Need"pfhore 5/10/08 3:33 a.m.
     Re: Eternal volunteers: "A Friend In Need"Forrest of B.org 5/10/08 12:26 p.m.
     Eternal X Commentary: "A Friend In Need"Forrest of B.org 5/10/08 12:34 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.