/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: what is marathon's story line
Posted By: Marathoner325Date: 3/19/08 4:03 p.m.

In Response To: Re: what is marathon's story line (juice115)

M1: "You always were a daydreamer". You are a securtiy officer abord the shuttlecraft marita orbiting tau ceti which was colonized by the colony ship "Marathon" about ten years before. Suddenly "Durandal" (one of the Marathon's three smart A.I's) goes crazy and rampant (when an A.I. rebels against it's creators). When things look bad enough, an alien ship about one or two kilometers long comes out of nowwhere and attacks the Marathon and tau ceti. The player gets into his suit and gets into the escape pod which launches itself toward the Marathon. Twenty minutes pass and the player thinks about his father's death when he (the player) was seven years old. He then lands in the Marathon's hangar, and meets Leela (another A.I.) they make a plan to activate the Marathon defense drones and learn the aliens are called "Pfhor". After the counterattack he then saves some humans. Then they send a message to earth about the Pfhor. BUT Durandal then captures the player and forces him to do what he tells him to do. Tycho (the third A.I.) has also gone rampant and I think at this point he joined the Pfhor. Durandal sends the player to the Pfhor ship a few times and they eventouly learn that the "S'pht" (Cyborgs with robes) are controlled by the Pfhor against their own will. The player goes to the pfhor ship to kill thier cyborg leader who is controlling the Spht. After that the Spht are free and slaughter the Pfhor. Then Durandal takes the Pfhor ship with an army of Spht and humans (which he later releases from stasis in Marathon 2). The battle is won. Then Durandal leaves with the player to explore the galaxy with the pfhors advanced technology. After they leave nearby Pfhor fleets come and destroy the defensless Tau ceti. Leela is captured by the pfhor and dismantle, and Tycho joins the Pfhor.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

what is marathon's story linejuice115 3/19/08 1:48 p.m.
     Re: what is marathon's story lineukimalefu 3/19/08 2:52 p.m.
           Re: what is marathon's story linejuice115 3/19/08 2:57 p.m.
                 WARNING: SPOILERSForrest of B.org 3/19/08 4:02 p.m.
                       Re: WARNING: SPOILERSMarathoner325 3/19/08 4:55 p.m.
                       *applause* *NM*Johannes Gunnar 3/21/08 1:42 p.m.
                 Re: what is marathon's story lineMarathoner325 3/19/08 4:03 p.m.
     Re: what is marathon's story line *NM* *LINK*thermoplyae 3/19/08 8:35 p.m.
           Re: what is marathon's story lineCyber Controller 3/20/08 7:37 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.