/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Eternally Perplexing Questions
Posted By: rampancyDate: 3/11/08 12:34 p.m.

So, I finally did it - I finished the game, as painful as it was towards the end of Chapter V. I found the end terminal of "The Philosophy of Time Travel" particularly amusing, and in Leela's words I saw Forrest bitch-slapping me upside the head saying, "you IDIOT!". BTW, kudos on the "Frog Blast The Vent Core" - the trih xeem launch bay was really, really cool.

I thought I expected what was coming given Forrest's description of the co-op multiplayer pack which was supposed to probe what was supposed to happen after the last level on the Jjarro sphere, but what I got was something very, very different. I did have some niggling questions that I can't seem to get my head around...

1) So, the way I'm getting it, when the Jjarro sphere went into stasis, it trapped all of the various monsters inside - did it trap the W'rkncacntr inside as well?

2) Also, at the end, the trih xeem is fired into the core of the sphere, it explodes, and the whole galaxy is destroyed - the end level is supposed to be us being "Outside", so is the level a dream, or is just our own mental manifestation of being Outside?

3) I don't understand what the final message is - the implication is that no, we didn't "win" in that we're still locked in a perpetual cycle of destruction, so we're told to go back to the Last Battle of Lh'owhon and fight again. So does this mean that "The Near Side of Everywhere" is another failure level?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternally Perplexing Questionsrampancy 3/11/08 12:34 p.m.
     Re: Eternally Perplexing QuestionsForrest of B.org 3/11/08 3:54 p.m.
           Re: Eternally Perplexing Questionsrampancy 3/11/08 5:31 p.m.
                 Re: Eternally Perplexing QuestionsForrest of B.org 3/12/08 7:56 a.m.
                       Re: Eternally Perplexing Questionsrampancy 3/12/08 9:06 a.m.
                             Re: Eternally Perplexing QuestionsForrest of B.org 3/12/08 10:34 a.m.
                                   Re: Eternally Perplexing QuestionsForrest of B.org 3/12/08 2:20 p.m.
                                   Re: Eternally Perplexing Questionsrampancy 3/12/08 4:33 p.m.
                                         Re: Eternally Perplexing QuestionsForrest of B.org 3/13/08 7:54 a.m.
     Re: Eternally Perplexing QuestionsForrest of B.org 3/12/08 11:19 a.m.
           Re: Eternally Perplexing Questionsrampancy 3/12/08 4:37 p.m.
                 Re: Eternally Perplexing QuestionsForrest of B.org 3/13/08 8:25 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.