/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Ok, I got out.
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 2/29/08 12:29 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Ok, I got out. (ukimalefu)

: really?

: I don't remember ever getting stuck in a loop in infinity... at least not to
: the frustrating level of eternal. And I finished it more than once.

Infinity had entirely different loops. If you took the same exit from Electric Sheep 2 as you had Electric Sheep 1, it took you to the same place as Electric Sheep 1 - way back about a chapter or so.

Eternal's "failure dream" levels are more like the Aye Mak Sicur variants than the Electric Sheep levels, except that you get to play through the events that lead up to them, so when you get sent back, it's up to you to prevent those events from occurring.

Infinity has branching plot-timelines, most of them ending in failure, that you are sent more or less linearly through. Rubicon has branches that you can choose to walk or not as you decide, all of which end with mixed results. Eternal is something in between; you can take different branches as you please, but most of them dead-end and send you back to the fork, and only one of them ends in anything resembling victory.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Damn Eternal loopsukimalefu 2/28/08 5:25 a.m.
     Re: Damn Eternal loopsForrest of B.org 2/28/08 12:38 p.m.
           Ok, I got out.ukimalefu 2/28/08 6:03 p.m.
                 Re: Ok, I got out.Forrest of B.org 2/28/08 6:32 p.m.
                       Re: Ok, I got out.ukimalefu 2/28/08 6:35 p.m.
                             Re: Ok, I got out.Forrest of B.org 2/29/08 8:56 a.m.
                                   Re: Ok, I got out.ukimalefu 2/29/08 9:32 a.m.
                                   Re: Ok, I got out.Callie21V 2/29/08 11:16 a.m.
                                         Re: Ok, I got out.ukimalefu 2/29/08 12:09 p.m.
                                               Re: Ok, I got out.Forrest of B.org 2/29/08 12:29 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.