/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Story in Marathon Eternal
Posted By: DoomguyDate: 2/27/08 10:21 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Story in Marathon Eternal (rampancy)

: Well, I guess the point is that you *shouldn't* have met yourself, or else
: you would have totally mucked up the timeline. I guess this leads to the
: "travelling back in time to be your own father" sort of paradox.

: Ugh, my head hurts now...

: Well, yes and no. I'd hazard a guess and say that each "Decision
: Level" is a fork where two possible timelines/universes diverge from
: the one you're currently in.

That is the only logical reason. Because at the end of Eternal when you travel back into time. IF YOU HAD traveled back into time to the same Universe in which you started the game from you would have met your former self.

If there are any sequels to Eternal it would be cool if some time traveling thing causes you to meet your former self. But there is a theory in the real world that if someone met there former self and touched him/her bad things would happen (i cant really explain it, look it up if you want to).

BUT

If you meet your former self it can alter the timeline. The 2 Marcus's could still exist but if the former self was killed the future self would be erased from existence. But if Marcus meets a Parallel Universe self none of these problems would happen since they are from different universes.

If you guys ever did this in a future Marathon game it it possible to use the Security Officer's model and make another one controlled by an AI?

OR you can have CO-OP MODE FOR THESE LVLS. In which one person controls Parallel Marcus and original Marcus. That would be cool.

: HA! If you know what the plot is, please tell me. I don't have a really clear
: handle on it myself, mainly because my perspective on Infinity and
: Forrest's diverge somewhat, and obviously Eternal was made with his
: perspective in mind.

: I've not even beaten the scenario yet. God damn, Forrest, couldn't you have
: been a *little* more kinder with the placement of those Jjaro defense
: turrets? (At least Rubicon was reasonably sane with its maser turrets!)

No i dont understand the full plot either. I was just saying that if you knew the full plot you could PM it to me on the pfhorums.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Story in Marathon EternalDoomguy 2/26/08 6:02 p.m.
     Re: Story in Marathon EternalForrest of B.org 2/26/08 10:33 p.m.
           Re: Story in Marathon EternalDoomguy 2/27/08 9:34 a.m.
                 Re: Story in Marathon EternalForrest of B.org 2/27/08 10:20 a.m.
                       Re: Story in Marathon EternalDoomguy 2/27/08 10:26 a.m.
                             Re: Story in Marathon EternalForrest of B.org 2/27/08 10:35 a.m.
                       Re: Story in Marathon EternalForrest of B.org 2/27/08 10:32 a.m.
                 Re: Story in Marathon Eternalrampancy 2/27/08 11:59 a.m.
                       Re: Story in Marathon EternalDoomguy 2/27/08 1:51 p.m.
                             Re: Story in Marathon EternalForrest of B.org 2/27/08 3:20 p.m.
                             Re: Story in Marathon Eternalrampancy 2/27/08 5:45 p.m.
                                   Re: Story in Marathon EternalDoomguy 2/27/08 10:21 p.m.
                                         Re: Story in Marathon EternalForrest of B.org 2/27/08 11:29 p.m.
                                         Re: Story in Marathon EternalDoomguy 2/28/08 12:34 p.m.
                                   Re: Story in Marathon EternalForrest of B.org 2/27/08 11:31 p.m.
                                         Re: Story in Marathon EternalD-M.A. 2/28/08 12:15 a.m.
           Re: Story in Marathon EternalDoomguy 2/27/08 9:38 a.m.
                 Re: Story in Marathon EternalDoomguy 2/27/08 10:27 a.m.
                       Re: Story in Marathon Eternalrampancy 2/27/08 5:53 p.m.
                             Re: Story in Marathon EternalForrest of B.org 2/28/08 12:09 a.m.
                                   Re: Story in Marathon EternalDoomguy 2/28/08 12:46 a.m.
                                         Re: Story in Marathon EternalMarathoner325 2/28/08 5:16 a.m.
                                         Re: Story in Marathon Eternalrampancy 2/28/08 7:41 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.