/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Story in Marathon Eternal
Posted By: rampancyDate: 2/27/08 5:45 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Story in Marathon Eternal (Doomguy)

: If you traveled back in time to the First lvl in Eternal wouldnt you
: encounter your former self in that area?

Well, I guess the point is that you *shouldn't* have met yourself, or else you would have totally mucked up the timeline. I guess this leads to the "travelling back in time to be your own father" sort of paradox.

Ugh, my head hurts now...

: Or is it because you traveled back in time to the first lvl but this first
: lvl is in an Alternate Reality/Parallel Universe. So you not only traveled
: back into time at the near the End of Eternal but you traveled to a
: different universe.

Well, yes and no. I'd hazard a guess and say that each "Decision Level" is a fork where two possible timelines/universes diverge from the one you're currently in.

: PS: If you don't want to give the plot away here you can PM me about it on
: the Pfhorums. My account there is Doomguy91.

HA! If you know what the plot is, please tell me. I don't have a really clear handle on it myself, mainly because my perspective on Infinity and Forrest's diverge somewhat, and obviously Eternal was made with his perspective in mind.

I've not even beaten the scenario yet. God damn, Forrest, couldn't you have been a *little* more kinder with the placement of those Jjaro defense turrets? (At least Rubicon was reasonably sane with its maser turrets!)

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Story in Marathon EternalDoomguy 2/26/08 6:02 p.m.
     Re: Story in Marathon EternalForrest of B.org 2/26/08 10:33 p.m.
           Re: Story in Marathon EternalDoomguy 2/27/08 9:34 a.m.
                 Re: Story in Marathon EternalForrest of B.org 2/27/08 10:20 a.m.
                       Re: Story in Marathon EternalDoomguy 2/27/08 10:26 a.m.
                             Re: Story in Marathon EternalForrest of B.org 2/27/08 10:35 a.m.
                       Re: Story in Marathon EternalForrest of B.org 2/27/08 10:32 a.m.
                 Re: Story in Marathon Eternalrampancy 2/27/08 11:59 a.m.
                       Re: Story in Marathon EternalDoomguy 2/27/08 1:51 p.m.
                             Re: Story in Marathon EternalForrest of B.org 2/27/08 3:20 p.m.
                             Re: Story in Marathon Eternalrampancy 2/27/08 5:45 p.m.
                                   Re: Story in Marathon EternalDoomguy 2/27/08 10:21 p.m.
                                         Re: Story in Marathon EternalForrest of B.org 2/27/08 11:29 p.m.
                                         Re: Story in Marathon EternalDoomguy 2/28/08 12:34 p.m.
                                   Re: Story in Marathon EternalForrest of B.org 2/27/08 11:31 p.m.
                                         Re: Story in Marathon EternalD-M.A. 2/28/08 12:15 a.m.
           Re: Story in Marathon EternalDoomguy 2/27/08 9:38 a.m.
                 Re: Story in Marathon EternalDoomguy 2/27/08 10:27 a.m.
                       Re: Story in Marathon Eternalrampancy 2/27/08 5:53 p.m.
                             Re: Story in Marathon EternalForrest of B.org 2/28/08 12:09 a.m.
                                   Re: Story in Marathon EternalDoomguy 2/28/08 12:46 a.m.
                                         Re: Story in Marathon EternalMarathoner325 2/28/08 5:16 a.m.
                                         Re: Story in Marathon Eternalrampancy 2/28/08 7:41 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.