/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eternal release schedule - opinions wanted
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 2/11/08 2:15 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Eternal release schedule - opinions wanted (Marathoner325)

: What's Eternal Omega? The sequal to Eternal? I think you should make a new FC
: with the physics model to make the Sph't majors on your side in "a
: friend in need".

Eternal Omega is the name I've long used for "Eternal X plus if I ever get new weapons and player models so it can be used properly for network play". I recently met someone who has been helping to make those new weapon and player models, and once that is done (or sooner) I'm going to look into getting a netmap pack put together, and releasing all that as Eternal Omega.

An additional possibility I've been seriously thinking about is trying to put together a little five-map "vidmaster's challenge" of sorts, but something new, something different, something that's never been done before. A series of unbelievably, ass-kickingly difficult maps that require cooperative play to beat. These would have a loose story connecting them, that will be something of a sequel to Eternal, though not really, since you won't be playing as Marcus but as the other eight Battleroids (neglecting Hathor) from the Tau Ceti IV colony. The story wouldn't stay on Tau Ceti of course, but would span all of Eternal's five environments, and most likely end up resolving the big elephant in the room left over from the end of Eternal - somewhere out there in Pfhor-controlled space is still the Sphere, inside of which, frozen in time, are the dying remains of the ancient Jjaro, the nightmares of the W'rkncacnter, Hathor in a Jjaro-cyborg body... and you, Marcus, as you were in the middle of Chapter 5.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Question about A friend in needMarathoner325 2/9/08 5:08 p.m.
     Re: Question about A friend in needMarathoner325 2/9/08 5:10 p.m.
           Re: Question about A friend in needForrest of B.org 2/9/08 7:15 p.m.
                 Re: Question about A friend in needMarathoner325 2/10/08 3:44 p.m.
                       Eternal release schedule - opinions wantedForrest of B.org 2/10/08 11:42 p.m.
                             Fix the physics and release Eternal X :) *NM*treellama 2/11/08 2:55 a.m.
                             Re: Eternal release schedule - opinions wantedMarathoner325 2/11/08 1:33 p.m.
                                   Re: Eternal release schedule - opinions wantedForrest of B.org 2/11/08 2:15 p.m.
                                         Re: Eternal release schedule - opinions wantedMarathoner325 2/11/08 3:12 p.m.
                                         Re: Eternal release schedule - opinions wantedDoomguy 2/11/08 4:25 p.m.
                                               Re: Eternal release schedule - opinions wantedForrest of B.org 2/11/08 8:52 p.m.
                                         Re: Eternal release schedule - opinions wantedElderman 2/12/08 2:37 a.m.
                             Re: Eternal release schedule - opinions wantedD-M.A. 2/12/08 4:20 a.m.
                                   Re: Eternal release schedule - opinions wantedForrest of B.org 2/12/08 8:38 a.m.
                                         Re: Eternal release schedule - opinions wantedMarathoner325 2/12/08 6:04 p.m.
                                               Re: Eternal release schedule - opinions wantedForrest of B.org 2/13/08 1:07 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.