/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: technique for getting through the lava
Posted By: joe rayDate: 2/8/08 1:43 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Glitch in "This Message Will Self Destruct"? (SnowCrash)

: I never made it up there before the lava got me. Seemed impossible to me.

Actually, SnowCrash, it's possible, but beleive me it's not easy. And if you check out Forrest's reply to my original post, you'll see that once you get to the big room at the top, the trick to being teleported is to stand still. That would never have occured to me, as I was focused on trying to stay out of the lava and get to the terminal.

Anyway, here's the technique I used to get up there before getting fried. It took me many tries to get this down.

First I cleared out any enemies in the immediate vacinity. Then I entered the room containing the circuit board that you have to smash, powered up my health, stood directly in front of and as close to the door as possible while still being able to see the circuit board, and switched from the Gravitronic Blades (what a great weapon) to the havoc rifle. I took aim at the circuit board, but before firing I brought up the map. Now, with the map up, I fired a grenade from the pre-aimed havoc rifle to smash the board and immediately started running/swimming toward the upper room, using the map as my guide to go there in as straight a line as possible. It's important to hold the swim key down so that you rise up to the surface of the lava or your health will never last. I tried not to hit any enemies that showed up on the map, but otherwise I ignored them and simply focused on getting to the target over as short a path as possible.

It took several tries, but I eventually was able to get to the upper room consistently. Unfortunately for me, I didn't then know that I was supposed to stand still once I got there, so I kept moving toward the terminal and dying and only then getting bounced to the next level, dead and useless. Eventually I actually made it safely to the terminal, however.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Glitch in "This Message Will Self Destruct"?joe ray 2/7/08 2:55 p.m.
     Re: Glitch: I see the lightjoe ray 2/7/08 6:43 p.m.
           Re: Glitch: I see the lightForrest of B.org 2/7/08 11:42 p.m.
                 Re: teleporting a dead corpsejoe ray 2/8/08 3:54 a.m.
                 Re: Glitch: I see the lighttreellama 2/8/08 8:46 a.m.
     Re: Glitch in "This Message Will Self Destruct"?SnowCrash 2/8/08 4:34 a.m.
           Re: technique for getting through the lavajoe ray 2/8/08 1:43 p.m.
                 Re: technique for getting through the lavaForrest of B.org 2/8/08 7:37 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.