/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Bungie Marathon Remake = no wei.
Posted By: RibFeastDate: 11/27/07 7:09 a.m.

I'm tired of hearing everyone saying they "heard" or "read" that Bungie is going to remake Marathon and that Master Chief is going to magically turn in to the protagonist in Marathon. Marathon is a game that Bungie made 16 years ago, probably the best game they've put out yet. To try and remake something that is nearly perfect would be a bastardization of everything Bungie is about. Tying Halos story into marathon would be a sonova bitch, and would alienate many old skoolers from Bungie for good. Selling out to Microsoft was bad enough, but remaking one of their classics is bad news. Bungie knows this. To remake it would be stupid. Knowing it's stupid is what makes Bungie the best video game company of ALL TIME. They create an incredible series, with a compelling story and a vivid cast of characters, who you grow to love, then they leave you with a teaser at the end of the series leaving the rest to your imagination (Master Chief drifting towards the planet with lights). Then the glory that is Bungie begins a new. Trust me when I say you don't WANT them to make another halo or tie it into Marathon, because the next addition to the host of great games this company has produced will be EVEN BETTER. Who knows what or when or why but I'm assured that there will NOT be a sequel to Halo, a tie in to Marathon, or anything otherwise. If they try to make another FPS it will be like Halo is to Marathon, not even close to connected in any way shape or form. Thank you for listening to my anger.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Bungie Marathon Remake = no wei.RibFeast 11/27/07 7:09 a.m.
     Re: Bungie Marathon Remake = no wei.Nicholai 11/27/07 8:38 a.m.
           Re: Bungie Marathon Remake = no wei.ukimalefu 11/27/07 8:52 a.m.
                 Re: Bungie Marathon Remake = no wei.Matt 11/27/07 12:02 p.m.
                       Re: Bungie Marathon Remake = no wei.ukimalefu 11/27/07 1:13 p.m.
                             Re: Bungie Marathon Remake = no wei.treellama 11/27/07 3:41 p.m.
     Re: Bungie Marathon Remake = no wei.thoth43 11/27/07 10:50 a.m.
           Re: Bungie Marathon Remake = no wei.Bob-B-Q 11/28/07 3:57 a.m.
                 Re: Bungie Marathon Remake = no wei.Dav Flamerock 11/28/07 5:39 a.m.
     Re: Bungie Marathon Remake = no wei.Marathoner325 11/27/07 1:20 p.m.
           Re: Bungie Marathon Remake = no wei.AHuxley 11/27/07 3:59 p.m.
                 Re: Bungie Marathon Remake = no wei.Matt 11/27/07 11:20 p.m.
                       Re: Bungie Marathon Remake = no wei.AHuxley 11/28/07 2:23 a.m.
                             Re: Bungie Marathon Remake = no wei.kyjel 11/28/07 3:52 a.m.
                       Re: Bungie Marathon Remake = no wei.Callie21V 11/28/07 5:55 a.m.
                       Re: Bungie Marathon Remake = no wei.treellama 11/28/07 7:57 a.m.
     paragraphs pls *NM*Document 11/27/07 3:11 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.