/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

OT: The Chronicles of Somethingorother *LINK*
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 11/11/07 12:49 a.m.

Sorry for the off topic post but I thought some of you might be interested, and this place is dead lately anyway...

As some of you may know, I have for many years been working on a vast collection of stories tied together into an epic tale of sci-fi and fantasy, incorporating pretty much every story of mine (besides work on Eternal) that I've come up with in the past decade or so. Major elements include an ancient alien empire's rise and fall and resurgence; Earth's prehistory, mythology, and future history; and a virtual world that forgets that it's virtual and eventually takes on a very real life of it's own.

Anyway, while bits and pieces of this were written down in some detail early on when these stories began as plots for video games or mods I wanted to make, the glue tying them all together, and a lot of new parts of the story, have for most of this millenium existed only in my head. But now, thanks to the urging of one of my housemates, who recently became the first person to ever hear a brief (3-hour) synopsis of the complete epic, I'm starting to write all this shit down.

Right now it's mostly just an outline, a very rough one at that, involving a lot of names and references that don't mean anything to anyone besides me until I flesh out the various sections of the outline. It's not even as detailed in many ways as the verbal synopsis I gave my housemate. But I'm working on filling out the whole thing in chronological order, the parts I have developed so far at least; I'll go back and fill in the parts I haven't really written yet later. But as of tonight there's a (hopefully) interesting bit about the biology, psychology, and culture of the aliens who are the stars of the first of the three main sagas, and a brief synopsis of the first "chapter" in their story.

I don't even have a name for the whole project yet, but for now, I just call it...

The Chronicles

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

OT: The Chronicles of Somethingorother *LINK*Forrest of B.org 11/11/07 12:49 a.m.
     Looks good! really good.ukimalefu 11/11/07 1:51 a.m.
           ...and don't forget the action figures ;)Johannes Gunnar 11/11/07 11:22 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.