/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: The Terminal: Reimagined
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 11/6/07 8:01 p.m.

In Response To: The Terminal: Reimagined (Captain Bob)

Very nice concept, and the animation work etc is all very nice too. However Durandal comes off a little too... robotic for my tastes. I always imagined him with a deeper voice and more passionate, human intonation; less of the creepy cheerfulness that most crazy AIs are depicted with these days (which you've captured very nicely here, BTW). His voice in my head is somewhere between Jude Law and Sean Connery I think; a somewhat proper, manly British accent with some Scottish touches in there.

Also, some bits of some terminals don't really work so well when spoken, such as the "signature" line at the end of this terminal. I might rather have him speak the "Insanely yours...", maybe give a little wink and a sideways nod (ala a tip of the hat), and then his image blinks out to a logoff screen with his name.

(Actually now that I think about it, I imagine a lot of Durandal's mannerisms like that as similar to Jude Law's character in "A.I.". There's still some artificiality to them, but it's almost because he's too stylish; not because he's too stiff and doesn't pull off the little bits of flair that humans have, but because he does them all too well).

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

The Terminal: ReimaginedCaptain Bob 11/6/07 5:37 p.m.
     this is great! more please! *NM*Nicholai 11/6/07 7:55 p.m.
     Re: The Terminal: ReimaginedForrest of B.org 11/6/07 8:01 p.m.
           Re: The Terminal: ReimaginedFresnel 11/7/07 12:23 a.m.
                 Re: The Terminal: ReimaginedFresnel 11/7/07 12:26 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.