/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: The terminals in Halo 3 = very, very cool
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 10/4/07 1:15 p.m.

In Response To: The terminals in Halo 3 = very, very cool (Druff)

: *spoilers*

That is very cool. Do you know if there is any project going on yet to transcribe all the terminals online?

Also, seeing as how Spark says that the Master Chief is Forerunner (= the Forerunners were human), it makes sense that the Precursors would be human as well. They had to use the Halos, then eventually rebuilt their civilization from scratch to become who we know of as Forerunners, who later had to use the Halos themselves, and now humanity is reclaiming their lost empire again.

Does it say whether or not the Precursors used the Halos against the Flood, or were the Flood a uniquely Forerunner problem, and the Halos were originally made for an earlier foe?

Also, with whatever minor adminly authority I may have here (not that I ever need to use it anymore), I see no problem with Halo story discussion on this forum. It started as the forum for the Marathon Story Page, but has grown into a much more general old-school Bungie crowd forum. We discuss PiD topics, non-story-related Marathon topics, and non-Marathon-related general Bungie topics as well; why not Halo topics too? Especially with the thin possibility that there's still some connection between Marathon and Halo, and the obvious thematic connections one way or another. I'd much rather discuss Halo's story here than on HBO. At least people here don't use "Forerunner" as a plural (i.e. "the Forerunner" in place of "the Forerunners") because of one tiny slip-up Jen Taylor made in the first game.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

The terminals in Halo 3 = very, very coolDruff 10/4/07 11:54 a.m.
     Coolpoena.dare 10/4/07 12:17 p.m.
     Re: The terminals in Halo 3 = very, very coolForrest of B.org 10/4/07 1:15 p.m.
           Re: The terminals in Halo 3 = very, very coolForrest of B.org 10/4/07 2:11 p.m.
                 Re: The terminals in Halo 3 = very, very coolukimalefu 10/4/07 3:35 p.m.
                       Re: The terminals in Halo 3 = very, very coolAldiron 10/4/07 9:46 p.m.
                             Re: The terminals in Halo 3 = very, very coolForrest of B.org 10/5/07 9:11 a.m.
                                   Re: The terminals in Halo 3 = very, very coolHenshin 10/5/07 10:04 a.m.
                                         Re: The terminals in Halo 3 = very, very cooltreellama 10/5/07 10:06 a.m.
           Re: The terminals in Halo 3 = very, very coolEnder 10/5/07 6:48 a.m.
                 Re: The terminals in Halo 3 = very, very coolForrest of B.org 10/5/07 9:18 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.