/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Wherefore art thou Hamish?
Posted By: mushymanDate: 9/2/07 3:18 p.m.

Time for another lamentation for the loss of Hamish.... I recently downloaded Aleph One and started playing this fabulous series again, and I've just received the failed delivery message from his Story Page email address. Whenever it was that it stopped working, twas a sad day - Hamish was/is arguably the most important member of this community, and the Story page the most important site. Good thing that you lot are still here - it's good to know he's still alive at least :) Here's to hoping he re-emerges for the 12th birthday in a couple of weeks.

Anyway, part of the reason I was emailing him was regarding one of his other pages, the Vidmaster archives. Trying to watch the films on Aleph One they appear to be broken - the M1 films I've downloaded don't work at all, and sadly my own Acme Station vids appear to be broken and thus I presume most if not all of the other M2/MInf vids are too. Is this due to small differences in the Aleph One physics/monster behaviour engines? Does anyone know of a way to set up Aleph One to be able to watch the films correctly?

Kudos to everyone here for keeping this place alive, by the way. It's good to know that even after all this time Marathon scenarios are being produced, and to see all the familiar names again - it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :)

Justin

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Wherefore art thou Hamish?mushyman 9/2/07 3:18 p.m.
     Re: Wherefore art thou Hamish?treellama 9/2/07 5:53 p.m.
           Re: Wherefore art thou Hamish?mushyman 9/2/07 10:35 p.m.
                 Re: Wherefore art thou Hamish?treellama 9/3/07 9:18 a.m.
                       Re: Wherefore art thou Hamish?mushyman 9/3/07 2:28 p.m.
                             Re: Wherefore art thou Hamish?Forrest of B.org 9/3/07 3:03 p.m.
     In Scotland it's a perfectly common name. *NM*Document 9/2/07 6:35 p.m.
           Finn trying to speak EnglishD-M.A. 9/3/07 12:10 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.