/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

AlephOne Saved Film Issues
Posted By: sdwoodchuckDate: 8/12/07 11:22 p.m.

So I'm currently working on a vid project using the saved films in AlephOne. Most levels that I've been able to complete were done with no problem. However, two separate issues have come up with the saved films: one with "What About Bob?" and the other on "All Roads Lead to Sol." I'm using the most recent build of AlephOne, I have auto-recenter and auto-weapon switch on. I'm using no modifications aside from the improved environment textures, which I switched off during All Roads Lead to Sol.

The first is more of a question than a problem. Is there a size limit on saved films? My successful attempt on "What About Bob" took a long while in the last segment, and the saved film of the attempt cuts off just seconds before accessing the exit terminal. Not a big deal, but I'd like to be able to have a truly "complete" vid of the level, and due to the nature of my project, repeating that success is going to be very, very difficult. I know there's no way to get back the lost info there, but I'm hoping to find out as much as I can to minimize the chances for another cut-off.

Now onto "All Roads Lead to Sol": The good news is that the saved film is complete, ending on the teleport out after the exit terminal. The bad news is that immediately after the film ends, AlephOne crashes, 100% of the time. After testing, I can confirm that none of the other films I've recorded do this. Again, I'm not complaining, but wondering if there's anything I can do to reduce the chances of this sort of thing happening.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

AlephOne Saved Film Issuessdwoodchuck 8/12/07 11:22 p.m.
     Re: AlephOne Saved Film Issuessdwoodchuck 8/12/07 11:40 p.m.
     Re: AlephOne Saved Film Issuesthermoplyae 8/13/07 9:36 p.m.
           Re: AlephOne Saved Film Issuestreellama 8/14/07 2:46 a.m.
                 Re: AlephOne Saved Film Issuesthermoplyae 8/14/07 8:27 a.m.
                       Re: AlephOne Saved Film Issues *LINK*sdwoodchuck 8/14/07 1:40 p.m.
                             Re: AlephOne Saved Film Issuesthermoplyae 8/14/07 3:38 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.