/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Enough of this
Posted By: herecomethej2000Date: 8/8/07 5:15 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Dissenting opinion (Claude Errera)

This squabbling over which era of maps is better is pointless and leads nowhere. Granted everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but when I originally responded to Mr. Levin's post, I was merely stating what I thought was the majority opinion of the community based off of from what I saw from threads like A)
This Thread
Or B)
This Thread
Where when asked about the loss of a whole load of maps when Fileball went down, Apple responded.

"oh no! We lost a shitload of maps nobody plays!

Yes, If fileball is down for good, it sucks big time, but it's nowhere near the end of the world. All the good maps are already in circulation in the community, we'll just gather them up."

And finally, I also like to host old random maps from the archives, some of them I feel are quite good or at least have some interesting ideas. But whenever I host one I usually get comments on the quality being substandard. In all, I wasn't speaking out of the blue and I can dig up more but I really don't have the time. But all of this is pointless and it wasn't what I had in mind when I started this thread.

For some reason I have had more then my share of unkind words sent my way judging my character such as "Self proclaimed spokesman." Personally I don't understand this. The whole point of this thread was to discuss MY idea and its feasibility and tweak if necessary. That is generally how forums work. Someone posts an idea trying his best to make everyone understand, and others comment on it. It only stands to reason that my idea stand at the center of this thread, as it should. I'm just trying to make a contribution with what I felt was a well-thought-out idea, on a forum that I thought had some respectability and, as a bonus, had some members who actually worked for Freeverse who would give valuable input on the matter. To which they did and I am grateful. And based on the email Ryoko received this looks as if my idea is not going to happen. And there is really little else that can be said on this unless someone from Freeverse says otherwise.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Fan based map package for Xbox 360 portherecomethej2000 7/19/07 6:40 a.m.
     Re: Fan based map package for Xbox 360 portKinetic Turtle 7/19/07 8:00 a.m.
     Re: Fan based map package for Xbox 360 portAndrew Nagy 7/24/07 3:12 p.m.
     Re: Fan based map package for Xbox 360 portherecomethej2000 8/6/07 10:15 a.m.
           Re: Fan based map package for Xbox 360 portWindbreaker 8/6/07 10:46 a.m.
           Re: Fan based map package for Xbox 360 porttreellama 8/6/07 11:38 a.m.
                 [citation needed] *NM*Andrew Nagy 8/6/07 11:42 a.m.
                       Re: [citation needed]treellama 8/6/07 12:08 p.m.
                             Dissenting opinionQuantum 8/6/07 12:55 p.m.
                                   Re: Dissenting opinionMark Levin 8/6/07 2:43 p.m.
                                         Re: Dissenting opinionherecomethej2000 8/6/07 4:33 p.m.
                                               Re: Dissenting opinionherecomethej2000 8/6/07 4:58 p.m.
                                               Re: Dissenting opinionherecomethej2000 8/7/07 4:43 a.m.
                                               Re: Dissenting opinionClaude Errera 8/7/07 1:57 p.m.
                                                     i agree with you, Claude. *NM*Johannes Gunnar 8/7/07 2:17 p.m.
                                                     Re: Dissenting opinionherecomethej2000 8/7/07 2:51 p.m.
                                                     Re: Dissenting opinionRyokoTK 8/7/07 4:45 p.m.
                                                           Re: Dissenting opinionClaude Errera 8/7/07 9:00 p.m.
                                                                 also http://marathon.bungie.org/motm/ mb? *NM*Document 8/7/07 9:38 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Dissenting opinionVid Boi 8/10/07 8:28 a.m.
                                                     Re: Dissenting opinionD-M.A. 8/7/07 6:31 p.m.
                                                           RyokoTK versus D-M.A.! FIGHT! *NM*Andrew Nagy 8/7/07 6:57 p.m.
                                                           Re: Dissenting opinionRyokoTK 8/8/07 9:27 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Dissenting opinionD-M.A. 8/8/07 10:18 a.m.
                                                                       ...the good old daysJohannes Gunnar 8/8/07 10:49 a.m.
                                                                             Re: ...the good old daysAdam Ashwell 8/8/07 12:52 p.m.
                                         Re: Dissenting opinionRyokoTK 8/6/07 5:37 p.m.
                                               Re: Dissenting opinionQuantum 8/6/07 6:36 p.m.
                                                     Re: Dissenting opinionWindbreaker 8/6/07 9:47 p.m.
                                                           Re: Dissenting opiniontreellama 8/7/07 6:22 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Dissenting opinionherecomethej2000 8/7/07 12:09 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Dissenting opiniontreellama 8/7/07 1:37 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Dissenting opinionherecomethej2000 8/8/07 5:29 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Dissenting opinion *NM* *LINK*eX brutaLis 8/7/07 10:07 p.m.
                                                           Re: Dissenting opinionJohannes Gunnar 8/7/07 6:44 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Dissenting opinionherecomethej2000 8/7/07 12:21 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Dissenting opinionRyokoTK 8/7/07 4:42 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Dissenting opinionClaude Errera 8/7/07 9:01 p.m.
                                                                             Enough of thisherecomethej2000 8/8/07 5:15 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Dissenting opinionRyokoTK 8/8/07 9:29 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Dissenting opinionClaude Errera 8/9/07 6:32 p.m.
                                                                                         Next time I suggest hiring Gary. *NM*Andrew Nagy 8/9/07 7:40 p.m.
                                                                                               Who?Andrew Nagy 1/15/20 8:19 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Who?Godot 1/15/20 10:52 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Who?Andrew Nagy 1/16/20 7:06 a.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: Who?Forrest of B.org 1/16/20 11:01 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Dissenting opinionForrest of B.org 8/9/07 10:12 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Dissenting opinionRyokoTK 8/10/07 6:31 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: Dissenting opinion *LINK*Andrew Nagy 8/10/07 6:45 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Dissenting opinion (read this one instead) *LINK*Andrew Nagy 8/10/07 6:53 p.m.
                                                                                                     please read...Johannes Gunnar 8/10/07 7:32 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: please read...FullDiaper 8/10/07 10:23 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: please read...thermoplyae 8/11/07 6:40 a.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: please read...treellama 8/12/07 3:16 a.m.
                                                                                                                       oh genius *NM*thermoplyae 8/12/07 6:46 a.m.
                                                                                                     Actually, on further thoughtAndrew Nagy 8/11/07 6:12 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Actually, on further thoughtRyokoTK 8/11/07 11:57 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Dissenting opinion (read this one instead)RyokoTK 8/11/07 11:56 a.m.
                                                                                                           PLEASE TAKE ALL YOUR FLAME WARS TO XBOX LIVE *NM*ukimalefu 8/11/07 12:18 p.m.
                                                                                                           Anyone else want to take this one? *NM*Andrew Nagy 8/11/07 1:42 p.m.
                                                                                                                 *facepalm*RyokoTK 8/11/07 5:14 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Dissenting opinion (read this one instead)Forrest of B.org 8/11/07 7:13 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: Dissenting opinion (read this one instead)D-M.A. 8/11/07 9:08 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Only the Sith deal in absolutesukimalefu 8/11/07 11:18 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: Dissenting opinion (read this one instead)RyokoTK 8/12/07 10:37 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Dissenting opinion (read this one instead)Andrew Nagy 1/13/20 6:48 p.m.
                                                                                                                 formattingAndrew Nagy 1/13/20 6:49 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Dissenting opinionQuantum 8/10/07 11:39 p.m.
                                                                                         Internet: Serious Business. *NM*AfroRyan 8/14/07 12:25 p.m.
                                                                       Factual correctionAndrew Nagy 8/10/07 12:20 p.m.
                                                                             *or more accurately. *NM*Andrew Nagy 8/10/07 12:53 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.