/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Marathon RP game.
Posted By: qwaringDate: 7/27/07 7:08 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Marathon RP game. (Nicholai)

: Yeah I think it was Marathon GURPS.

: The idea is interesting... will have to observe my free time, in order to see
: if I can join your game.

I think I read about that somewhere. I've heard of GURPS, but I'm not too familiar with it. Although playing Marathon with other RP systems would be interesting, that is if I still played those kinds of RP games.

The RP that I'm planning will be more along the lines of writing a story in a round-robin style. Each player will write their character's action and part in the story one post at a time. There wouldn't be any dice rolling or conventional RPG rules involved. The story flows and takes shape based on the interaction between characters (interaction also includes exchanging bullets and explosions in a not so friendly manner, just 'cause it wouldn't be much of a Marathon game without that after all).

And since it's post based the RP can move as slow or as fast as needed. I've been in games that moved as fast as twenty posts a day and as slow as one post a week. It fits the players schedule. Just whenever they're online and able to the player can post.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon RP game. *LINK*qwaring 7/26/07 1:53 p.m.
     Re: Marathon RP game.ukimalefu 7/26/07 2:41 p.m.
           Re: Marathon RP game.Nicholai 7/27/07 7:30 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon RP game.qwaring 7/27/07 7:08 p.m.
                       concerning Marathon GURPSJohannes Gunnar 7/28/07 6:01 a.m.
                             Re: concerning Marathon GURPSNicholai 7/28/07 7:59 a.m.
                                   Re: concerning Marathon GURPSKyjel 7/28/07 7:53 p.m.
                                   Re: concerning Marathon GURPSJohannes Gunnar 7/29/07 4:44 a.m.
                                         Re: concerning Marathon GURPSNicholai 7/30/07 6:13 p.m.
                                               Re: concerning Marathon GURPSKyjel 7/31/07 8:50 a.m.
                                                     Re: concerning Marathon GURPSNicholai 8/6/07 6:46 p.m.
                                                           !!!Johannes Gunnar 8/7/07 6:37 a.m.
                                                                 Re: !!!Kyjel 8/7/07 7:51 a.m.
                             web.archive.org? *NM*Andrew Nagy 8/7/07 7:25 a.m.
                                   Re: web.archive.org?Document 8/16/07 2:06 p.m.
                                         CorrectionDocument 8/17/07 7:55 p.m.
                             Re: concerning Marathon GURPSMax Etchemendy 10/24/07 5:23 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon RP game.Nicholai 7/28/07 8:01 a.m.
                             Re: Marathon RP game.Document 9/8/07 12:47 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon RP game.Document 9/8/07 12:52 p.m.
     Re: Marathon RP game.Nicholai 7/28/07 8:15 a.m.
           Re: Marathon RP game.qwaring 7/30/07 10:00 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon RP game.Nicholai 7/30/07 6:24 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon RP game.qwaring 7/31/07 9:05 a.m.
                             Re: Marathon RP game.Dav Flamerock 7/31/07 9:14 p.m.
           Re: Marathon RP game.Document 9/8/07 12:30 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.