/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Comic possibly partially inspired by Marathon *LINK*
Posted By: DaddoDate: 5/9/07 1:46 a.m.

(forgive my English, it isn't my native language)
I have no idea whether this topic has ever been discussed before, but I highly doubt it. Anyway, there is a Disney comic, published, as far as I know, only in Italy and in some north European countries, by the name of PKNA (Paperinik New Adventures). It ran for about 50 issues, from 1996 to 2001, and a reprint is currently underway. It had and still has its faithful followers, but it never reached large scale fame.
At the time I began reading it I knew nothing about Marathon, but when I started playing, I started noticing some frightening resemblances with PKNA. I finally decided to discuss them here and find out if I'm just being paranoid.

PKNA deals mainly with alien slavers, AIs and time travels. This isn't a big deal, these are sci-fi clichés. But there are a number of features (such as weapon design, AI color-coding, an occurrence of the number seven, a story arc about one of the AIs and another one about an enslaved alien race) which really make me wonder whether some of the authors of the comic had been inspired by Marathon while plotting it.
I'll talk about PKNA and its Marathon-like features in detail in my next posts. Now I'm too confused/excited to write anything coherent and understandable.
Hey, I just found out that there are Wikipedia articles about PKNA. Maybe they contain some useful information.

Wikipedia article on PKNA

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Comic possibly partially inspired by Marathon *LINK*Daddo 5/9/07 1:46 a.m.
     Re: Comic possibly partially inspired by MarathonDaddo 5/9/07 10:27 a.m.
           Re: Comic possibly partially inspired by MarathonJohannes Gunnar 5/9/07 12:30 p.m.
                 Re: Comic possibly partially inspired by MarathonEnder 5/9/07 1:57 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.